This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

sedl23
Rising Star II
I'm also having the missed calls and text issue on TMobile. Hopefully this is corrected soon.

LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/84087#Comment_84087

We're trying to figure that out. I have a test form ready to go for this issue, and have sent PMs to multiple users. So far I have had 0 responses.

If you guys are willing to help, tag me and I can throw you a PM with instructions. This thread has lots of activity, but so far no one has volunteered to help me test this issue.

View post
Hi @LP_ASUS - I'm also having the same issues as mentioned above in this thread. I am also T-Mobile - sometimes calls go straight to voicemail and my phone doesn't show the call at all, I have definitely missed text messages or received them way later than originally sent. It's starting to get annoying having to wonder if I'm missing calls, text messages or not. I am interested in this test form that you have.

jeff_carlile
Star I
LP_ASUS

We hear you guys. I have active logs from AT&T and T-Mobile, with some sub-brands like Mint Mobile, and we're trying to figure out why you guys are experiencing this.

It could be hardware, software, or environmental.

@skylerwolfe , you've had a ZF6 since launch day or thereabouts right? I feel like we've seen more reports of missed calls since November or so, which would indicate some kind of firmware change. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Everyone, if you'd like me to log your phone, please indicate that by replying to this comment. We're here to help.

View post
I've been experiencing same thing for a while with my 5Z. When I called T-Mobile yesterday they replied my phone was a 2G model and incompatible with their Network

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
esther.lee.1971

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/84124#Comment_84124

Hi @LP_ASUS - I'm also having the same issues as mentioned above in this thread. I am also T-Mobile - sometimes calls go straight to voicemail and my phone doesn't show the call at all, I have definitely missed text messages or received them way later than originally sent. It's starting to get annoying having to wonder if I'm missing calls, text messages or not. I am interested in this test form that you have.

View post
Understood, I'll send you a PM.

sigmund_dehlin
Star II
I have had this issue since june 2019 when I bought Zenfone 6. If I put it on 4G and mobile data off I can not recieve calls from other mobile phones. With mobile data on I can recieve calls. I have to put it on 2G/3G to make it work normally for calling without mobile data. I am on ICE in Norway, so its not only in the US this is happening.