Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

gubiczak
Star I
Hello @Blake_ASUS ,
I have exactly the same problem (grey lines and green flicker on the webcam while on AC power) with two brand new laptops: ASUS VivoBook S15 S531FL-BQ001T and ASUS VivoBook S15 S531FL-BQ326T. I have tried all the possible updates, but unfortunately, they did not solve this issue. Could you please help me? Thank you!

TerAn
Star I
HI @Blake_ASUS
My ZenBook Pro Duo UX581G has green flicks on webcam. Please send me a link for BIOS update. Thanks!

carmengina
Star I
Hello, I have recently purchased a VivoBook 15 X512FA and have the problem of the grey lines flickering occassionaly when I use the webcam. Can you tell me the steps to correct this issue? I'll appreciate support in Spanish please.

TimsonC200
Star I
@Blake_ASUS I also like to install the new BIOS version at my brand new ASUS ZenBook DUO PRO - UX581GV
Crazy thing is that I asked the support because of that issue and they are saying please send the device to us (Service No=E2006056519)

Liviu
Rising Star II
Same issue here on the ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo - UX581GV, I9 version. When the new driver will be available on the download page? It's still in testing?