gkarun
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_X01BDA
Firmware Version:PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.1905.065-20190507
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Consistent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android 9
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am using Max Pro M2 phone. I have visited authorized service center for a repair and they need to reinstall Phone software (Android 9). Post the service, all the FOTA updates to my phone fails with error like "update failed and reverted back to earlier version". I have also followed following manual installation steps suggested by Asus support including factory reset.
Download the update from Asus website and place it in phone root folder.
Restart the phone to get the update popup.
When I proceed with update, it fails again with same error.
Error is very generic says, update failed and reverted back to earlier version.
Since the service center is far from my residence, I am looking at doing a fresh installation on my own. Could you please suggest authorized tools to be installed on my laptop to perform this installation on my own? My phone is out of warranty and I am happy to try this on my own risk.
28 REPLIES 28

gkarun
Star II
gkarun

Thanks Anandu, I tried the recovery menu for updating using external storage option and I got below error and then the installation was aborted. I guess this is the problem preventing the FOTA updates too. Please suggest.

Error Message:

This package is for "ASUS_X01BD" devices; this is a "".

Error in /sideload/package.zip (Status 7)

When I navigate to system settings and About phone, I see "ASUS_X01BDA". Not sure why is it blank in the error message.

View post
Any thoughts about why the device is shown as blank?

gkarun
Star II
ᴵ ᴬᴹ᭄ 𝕯𝖆𝖗𝖐 ฿สrrey

Don't flesh the rom which is available on asus website via laptop download'' the fastboot rom for xda or telegraph then flesh it only that will work

View post
Please share the steps or any asus documentation. I have not done this before, so need some help.

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
gkarun

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/88272#Comment_88272

Please share the steps or any asus documentation. I have not done this before, so need some help.

View post
Hi, gkarun sorry to hear the troubling situation.
Can you just try this one last time. The package which you said has been downloaded intact. Copy it to root storage and then Search the app update launcher. It may not show at first delete a letter and type again. Delete the cache and data of that app and force stop it. Then go to home page.
Look for the update popup if not try restart.
As for flashing stock rom may need to search on it.
If this doesn't work maybe try the pie downgrade file.
REMEMBER TO KEEP FILES BACKED UP!!

Akasha
Rising Star I
I'm not certain when I would be able to post links.
Yet, Do some efforts to manually insert this link. Perhaps you could use universal copy app for instant copy as well.
It's from one of The Telegram Channel I found.
#FastbootMethod
screenshot-20200612-122348.png

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
Akasha

I'm not certain when I would be able to post links.

Yet, Do some efforts to manually insert this link. Perhaps you could use universal copy app for instant copy as well.

It's from one of The Telegram Channel I found.

#FastbootMethod

screenshot-20200612-122348.png

View post
Link to the telegram group/channel please