This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor .153

samvelkoch
Star III
Is there possibility to exclude proximity sensor from the camera management? Camera can not be rotated to selfie mode because of proximity sensor error which occurs since .153 update.
*Cam module could be rotated by volume buttons
35 REPLIES 35

samvelkoch
Star III
Occasionally after several reboots flipping started works again. Usually it works only half a day in my case. And after that "camera can not flip". But yesterday I calibrated camera while proximity sensor was fine and problem with flipping disappeared for 24 hours to this moment. Hope that I solved that bug.
Dear ASUS is there any logic circuits in firmware between proximity sensor, camera flipping, camera calibration? Is there any chance that my described problem is not in hardware part?

Naveen_kumar
Star I
I have same problem.. what i can do? Help me

Naveen_kumar
Star I
I checked my proximity sensor..its not working

italo98av
Star II
Naveen kumar

I have same problem.. what i can do? Help me

View post
You can only wait for any FW update that could correct this bug

italo98av
Star II
samvelkoch

Occasionally after several reboots flipping started works again. Usually it works only half a day in my case. And after that "camera can not flip". But yesterday I calibrated camera while proximity sensor was fine and problem with flipping disappeared for 24 hours to this moment. Hope that I solved that bug.

Dear ASUS is there any logic circuits in firmware between proximity sensor, camera flipping, camera calibration? Is there any chance that my described problem is not in hardware part?

View post
Maybe there is a logical circuit between the Flip and proximity sensor just to avoid unwanted flipping that could damage the mechanism (e.g.: in case of unwanted opening of the camera app while you have left the phone unlocked in your pocket)