This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the battery life decreased after recent updates.

surajprasad87
Star III
Has the battery life decreased after recent updates. I feel it has and is underperforming in battery life. And also the charging time has significantly increased. Fast charging is working but after 60% it is very slow.
GPS, mobile data all are off. using wifi a little bit of bluetooth, 1 hr pubg gaming in smooth extereme, little bit of browsing and watching videos and still battery goes down to 20% at around 8pm in night from 100% from 8.30 in morning so getting approx 4-5 hr sot. which is less for a 5000 mah battery. earlier it was nearly 6-7 hr for my use.
talking of sot in my usage not the one which is show on my phone. that is even less.
phone ideal drain is more. no big apps in bacground. only gmail and watsapp are active in background that too is disabled in night
3 REPLIES 3

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
surajprasad87

Has the battery life decreased after recent updates. I feel it has and is underperforming in battery life. And also the charging time has significantly increased. Fast charging is working but after 60% it is very slow.

GPS, mobile data all are off. using wifi a little bit of bluetooth, 1 hr pubg gaming in smooth extereme, little bit of browsing and watching videos and still battery goes down to 20% at around 8pm in night from 100% from 8.30 in morning so getting approx 4-5 hr sot. which is less for a 5000 mah battery. earlier it was nearly 6-7 hr for my use.

talking of sot in my usage not the one which is show on my phone. that is even less.

phone ideal drain is more. no big apps in bacground. only gmail and watsapp are active in background that too is disabled in night

Has the battery life decreased after recent updates.
First of, Android battery stats can't be trusted. It's likely that you have more SOT than it reports.
Second, it might very well be that you have a background app that's consuming too much power.
Restart your device more often. It solves more issues than you would think.
Second, go to system settings -> battery -> powermaster -> auto-start manager and prevent all the apps to auto start that you don't need a notification from.
After this go to system settings -> advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super Clean mode -> enter app list and uncheck any app that you must get notifications from -> go back -> open recent apps overview and press clear all.
Restart your phone. 
After this, please monitor your battery life over a couple of days and see if you can replicate the behavior. If the battery still hasn't improved then please put your phone in flight mode (mobile data, wifi & BT off) when you go to bed. If you have lost 8% or more after 8h sleep, then there might be a bug in the system that we have to investigate.

surajprasad87
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/30103/has-the-battery-life-decreased-after-recent-updates

First of, Android battery stats can't be trusted. It's likely that you have more SOT than it reports.

Second, it might very well be that you have a background app that's consuming too much power.

Restart your device more often. It solves more issues than you would think.

Second, go to system settings -> battery -> powermaster -> auto-start manager and prevent all the apps to auto start that you don't need a notification from.

After this go to system settings -> advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super Clean mode -> enter app list and uncheck any app that you must get notifications from -> go back -> open recent apps overview and press clear all.

Restart your phone. 

After this, please monitor your battery life over a couple of days and see if you can replicate the behavior. If the battery still hasn't improved then please put your phone in flight mode (mobile data, wifi & BT off) when you go to bed. If you have lost 8% or more after 8h sleep, then there might be a bug in the system that we have to investigate.

View post
thank you, for your quick response will definately try and see and post whatever result it gives.

_jis_
Zen Master III
Here on the forum it is often written about the declining battery life, but without relevant data. It's the same all the time: I think, It seems to me ... it's all useless. At the same time, everyone can install a proper application that will monitor their battery capacity over time and check it for yourself. I've been using AccuBattery for years on my phones and I'm adding three recent screenshot since April to June that show that battery life isn't deteriorating in my device (precise location, 4G data and BT on all the time).
screenshot-20200609-003029631-1.png
screenshot-20200417-214229248-1.png
screenshot-20200410-103438977-1.png