This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 dual boot - bootable usb

Hi,

I have asus tuf f505dt version and I’m having trouble installing dual boot of windows 7. I have tried all the steps I found in google but still no luck. I have created partition and a bootable usb of windows 7. The problem now is my usb is not detected when I enter in BIOS mode. The CSM support option is nowhere to be located.

hopefully somebody can help me with this. Thank yous.
9 REPLIES 9

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
ricardomojicaiii

Raju, I did use rufus as well but the latest rufus only do MBR option no GPT. Option.

View post
see below site , option 2 step no 7
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2376-create-bootable-usb-flash-drive-install-windows-10-a.html

I have windows 10 at the moment. The one that I want to install is windows 7. I have tried these steps already but the csm support option is not available ( the one below the fast boot option) my BIOS version is 310. The bootable usb cannot be detected.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
ricardomojicaiii

I have windows 10 at the moment. The one that I want to install is windows 7. I have tried these steps already but the csm support option is not available ( the one below the fast boot option) my BIOS version is 310. The bootable usb cannot be detected.

View post
Then make sure, in your laptop processor is actually supported windows 7 to install .

Because intel has stopped installing windows 7 in i5 7200u kaby lake Mobile processors or later chipset

That’s what I thought. Mine is i7 I think. Anyway, thanks Raju.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello ricardomojicaiii,
LIke in the FAQ, the CSM is not supported on this model.
you may try other methods to build another partition or boot menu and so on.
I'm sorry that we would not guarantee or suggest any of the methods.
Thank you.