This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MICROPHONE not working?

danvercalacat
Star I
I think this was caused by the recent OS update but I'm not sure. The microphone seems not to be working when I'm on a loudspeaker (video calls, pubg, and other games). I tried to do sound recording but it also fails to record my voice except for the background noises (scratching the screen, or tapping it). I tried all the troubleshooting but still no good. Is there anyone here also experiencing the same?
My ROG phone 2 was purchased in Macau last December.
9 REPLIES 9

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@danvercalacat do what Akash suggests and see if you get different results.

danvercalacat
Star I
No still not working

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@danvercalacat Backup your data and do a factory reset of your device. If that doesn't solve your issue I would like to log your phone so we can investigate further.

sidsengarsingh
Star II
screenshot-20200707-213139174.jpg
screenshot-20200707-213006760.jpg
I am facing the same problem. My microphone is not picking up any voice. Also the headphone is also not being picked up by my device when I plus in my earphone in the 3.5 mm jack. At first I was able to listen to other people when on call but now I am not. Also it keeps showing System UI not working.

sidsengarsingh
Star II
On top of that the system response is too slow. If I try calling someone, the call isn't automatically connected it takes from 1to 3 minutes to connect sometimes even more