Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX580GE
Frequency of occurrence: Each Time
Reset OS: -
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: Whenever I'm trying to install Screenpad 2.0 upgrade tool it will appear Error 1001: System.Configuration.Install.InstallException: ..................................
Does anyone know how to fix this? I wanna try Screenpad 2.0 badly. Thanks in advance
untitled.png

17 REPLIES 17

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
Hi @mrzh4s , have you performed OS reset previously? If yes, please let me know if you performed OS reset from your computer settings, or if you performed OS reset by installing from other sources.  Thanks!

Karreg
Star I
Hello,
I have the exact same issue, and yes at some point I had to restore the system with an external media (standard Windows ISO) because Asus is not providing the original ISO.
Is there a place where we can find the original ISO? My model is a UX480FD, and I can't find any ISO anywhere on the support page...

I understand the reason behind the limitation to the ASUS system, but at least the ISO should be provided in some way. Please help 🙂

mrzh4s
Star II
AnthonyLee_ASUS

Hi @mrzh4s , have you performed OS reset previously? If yes, please let me know if you performed OS reset from your computer settings, or if you performed OS reset by installing from other sources.  Thanks!

View post
i did factory reset via setting in windows. nothing much. from this reset i lost my display icm and can't perform update screenpad.
annotation-2020-06-11-121121.png

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
Hi @mrzh4s we suspect that some files has been lost during the factory reset. We would suggest to bring it to repair center as our agent will install factory OS again for you, and you may also request to update screenpad to 2.0 version. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thanks!