Installing Phone software using Laptop
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: ASUS_X01BDA
- Firmware Version:PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.1905.065-20190507
- Rooted or not: No
- Frequency of Occurrence: Consistent
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android 9
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
I am using Max Pro M2 phone. I have visited authorized service center for a repair and they need to reinstall Phone software (Android 9). Post the service, all the FOTA updates to my phone fails with error like "update failed and reverted back to earlier version". I have also followed following manual installation steps suggested by Asus support including factory reset.
- Download the update from Asus website and place it in phone root folder.
- Restart the phone to get the update popup.
- When I proceed with update, it fails again with same error.
- Error is very generic says, update failed and reverted back to earlier version.
Since the service center is far from my residence, I am looking at doing a fresh installation on my own. Could you please suggest authorized tools to be installed on my laptop to perform this installation on my own? My phone is out of warranty and I am happy to try this on my own risk.