This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immense battery drain!

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Hi, the last couple af days its really a downhill for my device, other than the fact that my camera doesnt flip at all, and i am planning to visit asus sevice center the next days...battery started to drain like crazy too. And i am using the device wayy less in comparison with other days. I fall asleep with 80 and i woke up with 40%. Nothing has changed yet i am in a constant hurry to charge my phone which by the way is charging way slower than it used to!
Anyone else something similar?
Thanks in advance

25 REPLIES 25

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Ill install and run the log tool APK as anders informed me and i ll get back to you.
Thanks

Monark
Zen Master I
alexander.v.zyryanov

Update: In Safe Mode battery was used very sparingly. Then I rebooted my phone into normal mode and disabled SIM card. Again battery was used very sparingly. So it isn't an app, its cellular network.

I will run further tests and try to see what part of cellular network is responsible for battery drain (battery is discharging fast even at night when there are no calls/SMS messages and I'm on WiFi).

View post
Basically 4G always consumes more battery. It will be more if you are using dual 4G standby as both of your sims will constantly search to increase the network speed. You can try to change the setting from 4G to 3G and use for a whole day so that you can find out easily. Don't use wifi during this test cause it consumes less battery than cellular networks.
It is always preferred to put your phone in super saving mode during night.
Hope it helps👍

Monark
Zen Master I
screenshot-20200612-154319114.jpg
Battery stats from 95% if i don't play games i will get an average of 8 to 9 hrs of SOT.🤷🏻‍♂️

alexander_v_zyr
Star II
Disabling 4G doesn't help. Disabling mobile data doesn't help. Disabling SIM entirely helps.

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Update... My battery issue was solved due to the fact that I sent my device to Asus service centre to fix my camera mechanism, so I had to restore as new my device anyways. It was probably a bug. So you may try to use a log tool and send the report to the tech service and then restore as new! I know it's a troubling proceedure but there is a chance to get rid of the issue.