This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB connection to pc not working - Phone is not detecting USB connection

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_Z01KD Asus Zenfone 4 (ZE554KL)
Firmware Version: Can't find it but I'll attach prints of all the about and relevant screens.
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Current
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I'm trying to connect my phone to my pc but the device itself is not detecting the USB cable properly.

I'm using the OEM Cable that came with the phone, still in perfect conditions and usually only used for charging, but also tried on a second one I have. Device charges normally without any troubles, but when connected to PC I don't get the USB Tethering option (it says that USB it not connected), and the computer itself doesn't detect it whatsoever, so I can't access the device files.

Tried on Windows 7 and 10 and Linux Ubuntu 18.04 and 15.04.

I tried looking for it on the device manager but can't seen to find it. USB Configuration is set to MTP and USB debugging is off. Tried turning the device off and leaving it be for a while and then back on, but still no result.

Any other option to try and fix the issue?

6 REPLIES 6

Deannnnn
Rising Star I
I could not post the link, please search: Asus [Phone] Device can not be detected when connected to PC
Have you checked this out already?

Rameez221
Star III
Enable Developers option enable and also enable USB debugging, install proper driver in your PC

Rameez221

Enable Developers option enable and also enable USB debugging, install proper driver in your PC

View post
Drivers are already installed, I used to connect my phone to my computer and it used to work. Phone is not recognizing that it's connected to a computer (therefore not giving me option for USB Tethering). USB Debugging won't do anything because of it.

Deannnnnn

I could not post the link, please search: Asus [Phone] Device can not be detected when connected to PC

Have you checked this out already?

View post
Yes, I did. But the problem doesn't seem to be on the computer, but on the phone instead.

Rameez221
Star III
luizhcgoncalves

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/87973#Comment_87973

Drivers are already installed, I used to connect my phone to my computer and it used to work. Phone is not recognizing that it's connected to a computer (therefore not giving me option for USB Tethering). USB Debugging won't do anything because of it.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/87964#Comment_87964

Yes, I did. But the problem doesn't seem to be on the computer, but on the phone instead.

View post
Change your phone option as file transfer then it will work