This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immense battery drain!

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Hi, the last couple af days its really a downhill for my device, other than the fact that my camera doesnt flip at all, and i am planning to visit asus sevice center the next days...battery started to drain like crazy too. And i am using the device wayy less in comparison with other days. I fall asleep with 80 and i woke up with 40%. Nothing has changed yet i am in a constant hurry to charge my phone which by the way is charging way slower than it used to!
Anyone else something similar?
Thanks in advance

25 REPLIES 25

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
I dont think that is any of the apps the issuse because i didnt add any new the last month at all. My device as it is one day out of the blue just started draining the battery. No i didnt try that safe mode solution... i dont know what it is but maybe I should look it up. I dont have much free time to spare on these things. Its a 3months old device and its like i have a 5 years one for crying out loud.

alexander_v_zyr
Star II
I've begun Safe Mode test. Will report my result once I get them.

alexander_v_zyr
Star II
Update: In Safe Mode battery was used very sparingly. Then I rebooted my phone into normal mode and disabled SIM card. Again battery was used very sparingly. So it isn't an app, its cellular network.
I will run further tests and try to see what part of cellular network is responsible for battery drain (battery is discharging fast even at night when there are no calls/SMS messages and I'm on WiFi).

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
alexander.v.zyryanov

Update: In Safe Mode battery was used very sparingly. Then I rebooted my phone into normal mode and disabled SIM card. Again battery was used very sparingly. So it isn't an app, its cellular network.

I will run further tests and try to see what part of cellular network is responsible for battery drain (battery is discharging fast even at night when there are no calls/SMS messages and I'm on WiFi).

View post
Did you only disable SIM card or WiFi too? I've heard about users with battery drain that eventually realized that they had a device on the network that constantly pinged the phone.
If it's your cellular network, then you must have a really poor signal so your antenne constantly runs at maximum signal boost
I will send you instructions on how to log your device

alexander_v_zyr
Star II
I've only disables sim-card. WiFi was still active. It looks like the battery keeps draining if I disable 4G. It also looks like the battery keeps draining if I disable mobile data transfer.
I will capture logs.