Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @samuelyhao ,
Your model has been reported.
I will keep you updated if there is further information.
Thank you.

hanak_vojtech
Star I
Hi @Blake_ASUS I am having same issues as well witth new Zenbook S13 UX392FN. Than you very much!
SN: K7N0CV15S897316

DannyScott
Star I
I'm having this issue on my Zenbook Pro Duo which is brand new. I updated the bios and associated drivers as suggested but it made no difference. The problem only persists when mains powered and seems to fine on battery.

@Blake_ASUS I have the same problem with my ASUS Vivobook S15 S533 (2020 model). I have updated the BIOS and all drivers, problem only shows up when plugged in, not on battery.
Is there a fix for this model yet? Thank you for your help.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @hanak.vojtech & @tranquito88 ,
BIOS provided in PM

Hello @annanadineboos ,
Please kindly provide SN and the record of the issue in the PM I send you.
Thank you.