This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5Z] Touchscreen response is improved but not fixed yet.

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
The device in question is an ASUS ZenFone 5Z 4GB/64GB, unrooted, updated to 100.10.107.87.
In the latest firmware update, which I'm running now, an improvement was brought to the touch panel response. Very welcome indeed. 
But this improvement was not a definitive fix. In fact, it's not like before, but the problem still exists. You can still feel the lack of fluidity in the response from sliding your fingers on the screen.
For better reproduction, do the following multi-touch test on the tool accessed through the calculator:
Put three fingers together, very close together. (Also works with two, four, etc.)
Place them on top of the screen.
Slide them slowly to the bottom.
This problem does not affect the sliding of the fingers while they are separated (or the effect is less noticeable).
Another problem still present is the delay, which can be reproduced in the same tool, as follows:
Start by sliding a finger across the screen.
As you slide it, add a touch.
You will see that the response to the sliding finger will stutter before it returns to accompany the finger.
@Anders_ASUS
@CH_ASUS
38 REPLIES 38

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
It's not the panel, as devs improved it by software. But I still believe, if the optimizations on the touch firmware weren't enough, maybe it's the CPU/GPU that needs to be optimized.
---
CPU because the scheduling I've explained previously:
"The delay seems like the panel is scheduling touches.
You start to slide a finger (the panel call it "1") while sliding you add a touch (and instead calling it "2", the panel ignores the sliding finger for a milisecond to call the touch "1", and then calls the slide "2")."
---
GPU were pointed before by @bharanivijay69, could be an inconsistency in its clocks.

archilsoni412
Star III
In this video you can see that when one finger is moving on display and then suddenly if another fingure is put on there is a lag. Also when more than one figure is near to each other, jittering occurs. May be you can clearly visualise in this slow motion video. Please fix this bug as soon as possible. @amitgarde3 @BrunoF20 @Anders_ASUS

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
archilsoni412

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/RS14LF0OKTWB/video-2020-06-08t23-07-10.mp4

In this video you can see that when one finger is moving on display and then suddenly if another fingure is put on there is a lag. Also when more than one figure is near to each other, jittering occurs. May be you can clearly visualise in this slow motion video. Please fix this bug as soon as possible. @amitgarde3 @BrunoF20 @Anders_ASUS

View post
Awesome, this is exactly what happens.

Abhinav
Zen Master I
BrunoF20

It's not the panel, as devs improved it by software. But I still believe, if the optimizations on the touch firmware weren't enough, maybe it's the CPU/GPU that needs to be optimized.

---

CPU because the scheduling I've explained previously:

"The delay seems like the panel is scheduling touches.

You start to slide a finger (the panel call it "1") while sliding you add a touch (and instead calling it "2", the panel ignores the sliding finger for a milisecond to call the touch "1", and then calls the slide "2")."

---

GPU were pointed before by @bharanivijay69, could be an inconsistency in its clocks.

View post
Yes something is wrong with the calculation values.
Btw thank you for the knowledge. 🙂

archilsoni412
Star III
So here it can been seen that whenever the 4th finger is on the touch panel the jittering/lag starts also there is an issue with the close finger multi touch