This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary camera not working, takes blur images.

sanjeevkr9785
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Asus Zenfone 5Z
Firmware Version:.70
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence:always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):camera
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
==============================

Primary camera on zenfone 5z is not working after last security update of March 2020. It takes blur images. Focus is not working. Already tried in safe mode still not working. Hardware is fine. Reset the camera settings. Tried tapping around camera nothing helps. Asus fix this issue. I can see many are facing same issue .

22 REPLIES 22

supremus_007
Star II
p-20200604-113922.jpg
I have the same issue too.
Mine doesnt seem to be able to focus on the top of the phone. I attach a picture where you can see it blurred on the top (left part of the picture).
Many users have the same issue, this can't be a coincidence!
I'm still on .70 firmware and tried wiping cache and safe mode boot, still the same.

dyan_ht
Star II
I think not just your phone with zenfone 5z that is after update to the latest firmware that have this issue..
Mine which is zenfone 5 also have the same issue..
I already did what they asked even i factory reset my phone but the camera still blur..
Before the update my camera doing well and fine, but after the update it became blur all of a sudden..
It really annoying..
Hope asus can fix this problem well, since many people experience the same problem..

varunanduri
Star I
I contacted service center, they told your phone is out of warranty and you need to pay for a new camera module (Both primary and secondary).

Alwyn
Rising Star I
varunanduri

I contacted service center, they told your phone is out of warranty and you need to pay for a new camera module (Both primary and secondary).

View post
@amitgarde3 as expected, they'll definitely charge us. So now what? Pay for it?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Alwyn

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86977#Comment_86977

@amitgarde3 as expected, they'll definitely charge us. So now what? Pay for it?

View post
Did you see RMA receipt? Please see if any CID policy is present on receipt there and than ask them

Also remember this is only acceptable if there is no any damage to ur device