kumariveena981
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max pro M1
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: NOT ROOTED
Frequency of Occurrence: EVERYTIME
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I ROOTED my phone yesterday and unlocked bootloader and flashed magisk with the TWRP recovery. My phone sensor(gyro),camera and WhatsApp image sharing was not working. So I decided to unroot it. I simply unistalled the magisk manager and successfully unrooted it . But my bootloader is still unlocked. Will I still able to get the FOTA update of Android 10 coming 12th of june.if not then how can I get that. Please help
13 REPLIES 13

Akasha
Rising Star I
kumariveena981

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max pro M1
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: NOT ROOTED
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: EVERYTIME
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

I ROOTED my phone yesterday and unlocked bootloader and flashed magisk with the TWRP recovery. My phone sensor(gyro),camera and WhatsApp image sharing was not working. So I decided to unroot it. I simply unistalled the magisk manager and successfully unrooted it . But my bootloader is still unlocked. Will I still able to get the FOTA update of Android 10 coming 12th of june.if not then how can I get that. Please help

FOTA UPADTE AFTER UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER
Well, probably you didn't flash the decrypt zip right after installing TWRP. Anyway, nothing could be done about it now. There's still a way, that is to repeat the same this time before flashing magisk, flash pie decrypt zip available on XDA website.
I doubt you will do it again.
About Unrooting, uninstalling the magisk manager does nothing at all. Install magisk manager again and press on the uninstall icon present in the magisk manager itself to unroot it.
You will be able to relock bootloader and receive fota update only if you followed the unofficial method of unlocking bootloader. For more details search on Google (Get guides from YouTube or XDA).
That's all there's to it.
screenshot-20200607-102941.png
Consider checking this specific thread in the XDA forum for asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. It's very relevant.

kprsnt
Star II
May be its due to persist issue, restore persist it will solve ur problem
If u unlock ur bootloader either official or unofficial, you won't receive FOTa, bcz in also did unofficially and I never received any fota

Akasha
Rising Star I
kprsnt

May be its due to persist issue, restore persist it will solve ur problem

If u unlock ur bootloader either official or unofficial, you won't receive FOTa, bcz in also did unofficially and I never received any fota

View post
In my case it works like a charm. I still receive fota updates whenever available.

manojreddy_buda
Rising Star I
kumariveena981

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max pro M1
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: NOT ROOTED
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: EVERYTIME
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

FOTA UPADTE AFTER UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER
U need to lock the bootloader to get FOTA updates.