This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immense battery drain!

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Hi, the last couple af days its really a downhill for my device, other than the fact that my camera doesnt flip at all, and i am planning to visit asus sevice center the next days...battery started to drain like crazy too. And i am using the device wayy less in comparison with other days. I fall asleep with 80 and i woke up with 40%. Nothing has changed yet i am in a constant hurry to charge my phone which by the way is charging way slower than it used to!
Anyone else something similar?
Thanks in advance

25 REPLIES 25

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86509#Comment_86509

The battery stats won't say much since it will only reset when it reaches full battery.

I sounds like you have an app that's highly active in the background. Here are a couple of things you could try.

First of all, restart your device. It solves a lot of issues and your phone will work better if you restart it once per week.

Second, go to system settings -> battery -> powermaster -> auto-start manager and prevent all the apps to auto start that you don't need a notification from.

After this go to system settings -> advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super Clean mode -> enter app list and uncheck any app that you must get notifications from -> go back -> open recent apps overview and press clear all.

Restart your phone. 

Monitor your battery life over a couple of days and if it hasn't improved then please put your phone in flight mode when you go to bed. If you have lost more than a couple of percent after 8h sleep, then there might be a bug in the system that we have to investigate.

View post
Yeah i tried the airplane mode advice and in 5 hours it went from 82% to 54. And just for the record this is the battery consumption of the last day... If you add up all the numbers you get a 34% total !!! Wich is weird...
screenshot-20200606-015411944.jpg

And also... I remembered that 3-4 days ago... My device noticed me about a bug report. Is there a possibility for that to correlates with the whole story?
Thanks in advance

alexander_v_zyr
Star II
This is mine (sorry for Russian language):
screenshot-20200606-165957085.jpg
49% remains after 18 hours.
Screen - 50 minutes, 3%
Phone idle (17h 47m) - 3%
Android system - 1%.

No calls, no 4g (just wifi) during all that time.

_jis_
Zen Master III
johnCforVTS

Thats my accubatery stats... But it shows an overall health from the first day that been installed. The drain cant be showed here ( its about 2-3 days that this is happening so is a small part of the big picture till now) nevertheless even these stats took a hit by the performance of the last 2-3 days. I used to have much better stats with a really harsh usage...

screenshot-20200604-231432834-2.jpg

View post
Here are my actual AccuBattery stats just for comparison, I have no complaints about battery drain.
image.png

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Yeah i took your advice and installed it too. Good app! I used to have much better battery performance but now is dissapointingly poor...

_jis_
Zen Master III
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to find out which application is draining your battery.
Did you try to restart to Safe Mode to see if everything was fine in it when it came to draining the battery?
Of course, during your stay in Safe mode, you will only have access to pre-installed applications, but perhaps you could last a day or two to test the discharging battery in this mode. This would eliminate a possible hardware problem with the battery if it worked perfectly fine in Safe Mode.