REQUESTING USERS TO EXPLAIN IN DETAIL THE SOUND BUG IN ANDROID 10 ASOP (424)

I REQUEST USERS TO EXPLAIN IN DETAIL THE SOUND BUG IN ANDROID 10 ASOP (424) WHICH THEY FACE. THIS MIGHT HELP THE TEAM TO FIND THE PROBLEM ACCURATELY.

As a first step I'm mentioning my thoughts and problems that I face.

Overall sound experience is bad in the latest Android 10 ASOP. Personally I'm having the biggest problem with the phone speaker. Wired and bluetooth sound is acceptable for me but, still needs improvement in its Quality at the maximum sound.

A) The earpiece volume while making phone calls is very feable. 

B) Whatsapp voice messages are very feable and I can barely hear the message.

C) Audio quality in youtube has decresed a bit and for some videos the sound is a bit lower than earlier. I feel like the videos involving interviews,Reviews, talk show etc is affected the most while songs videos are not affected that much.( Zentalk is not allowing me to share a link)

Comments

• rk9599531rk9599531 Level 1

Even 3 party software is not working for improving sound quality.

• SouzacitoSouzacito Level 1

Bom eu venho enfrentando vários problemas com versão beta disponibilizada no site da Asus, os microfones simplesmente não funcionam fora de uma chamada (dentro da chamada esta ruim mas funciona), não consigo chamar a assistente, mandar áudios no Whatsaap, digitar usando o microfone , ouvir musicas no Shazam pera ele identificar.

Também gostaria de usar o espaço pra relatar mais dois bugs, o primeiro toda vez que eu levanto o aparelho ele liga a tela, já desativei todas as possibilidades que envolvam a tela sempre acordar ao se levantar o aparelho e ainda continua outro é a questão da conexão com a internet, o Spotify não se conecta não sei o motivo e o aparelho as vezes fica sem conexão do nada, e eu tenho que desligar e ligar novamente o wi-fi para voltar a ter conexão com a internet.

@Admin

• RishiiiRishiii Level 1

Bluetooth earphone is not working.....it shows connected but no audio can be heard...

• 1. Sound shoudn't come oustide when earphone is connected but Sound is coming outside still earphone is connected in mobile

2. Speaker is blaring when volume up.

• nidhin3nidhin3 Level 2

@Y_ASUS @Blake_ASUS @ServiceH_ASUS

Take a look at the above bugs.

• Volumes are low also camera flash not in control flashing always irritating really

• Y_ASUSY_ASUS mod
    edited May 25

Hi nidhin3,

A) The earpiece volume while making phone calls is very feable: 

Which app/app version are you using? Does it appear on Phone app and third party apps? What's your volume level?

B) Whatsapp voice messages are very feable and I can barely hear the message:

Does it appear on all voice messages? 

Is the voice message recorded by you or others? Does it make a difference?

Please tell us your WhatsApp version.

Did the voice message come out from the speaker or earpiece?

C) Could you describe the how the audio sounds in detail? Thank you. 🙂

• Hi Rishiii,

Is your phone ZB601KL or ZB630KL? 

Please provide your firmware version: Settings > About phone > Build number.

Have you tried with different bluetooth earphones?

What apps are you using that cannot be heard?

Please tell us the brand and model of your bluetooth earphones.

Thank you 🙂

• Hi irudhayarajcse,

1. Sound shoudn't come oustide when earphone is connected but Sound is coming outside still earphone is connected in mobile:

Does this happen every time? Have you tried with different earphones? Have you tried with the ASUS earphones that came with the phone?

Did the earphone icon appear on the notification bar when you connected the earphones?

2. Speaker is blaring when volume up: Could you tell us the app you're using when this happens?

Thank you 🙂

• Hi jahir1378myn,

What kind of sound is low? (Media/System ringtone/notifications/...) Please tell us the app/ app version/music link.

Could you describe in detail about the camera flash behavior?

Thank you 🙂

• ysdeshmaneysdeshmane Level 1

Ss sounds is more noise when it increases the volume and when we start the music after 1hr phone is overheating and and there is know meter reading of data in notification panal and dark mode is not good and there r more bugs and battery slow charging and battery draining and it take 5 hr to charge

• Hi ysdeshmane ,

sounds is more noise when it increases the volume:

For the sound quality problem, could you tell us does this appear on wired earphone/bluetooth headphones/phone's speaker? Does this appear with media/call/ring/alarm sound? If media, what app/app version are you using? Do you have a music link you can provide as an example? Could you describe in more details about the sound quality problem? Could you show us the volume level screenshot?

we start the music after 1hr phone is overheating

What app/app version are you using?

We suggest that you avoid running apps that may use much memory for a long time, for example, 3D games and video.

Also, it's recommended that do not use your phone/tablet while it is charging.

Please also try removing the background apps in recent app list, and check again.

If the problem still appears, please tell us

• Which zone is heating up (back/upper/middle/lower)
    • The app/ app version you're using
    • Were you using the app and charging at the same time? Or only charging? Only using the app?
    • How much is the ambient temperature when this appears
    • About how much is the temperature of the phone

know meter reading of data in notification panal

This feature is not supported. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

dark mode is not good: Could you describe in more details?

battery slow charging: We would like to understand whether you're using the ASUS original charger. We suggest that you try with new cables and check again. 

Please also note that "fast charging/charging rapidly" appears after a few minutes when you plug in your charger. Please make sure to check your lock screen after a few minutes.

Furthermore, there are some scenarios that may affect the fast charging status: 

A.   If the system is under high resource usage (high temp) or the battery level is over 85%, the device will trigger a protection mechanism, which lowers the charging current.

B.   Check if there is some object or stain in the charging port. We recommend to use a soft brush to clean the charging port.

C.      We recommend to test charging in safe mode. How to enter safe mode: https://www.asus.com/IN/support/FAQ/1005163

If in safe mode, the problem is not observed, the system performance may be affected by 3rd apps. We recommend to factory reset the system. 

If the charging status is still unstable in safe mode, we recommend to go to repair center for further checking. 

If the problem still appears, please tell us at which battery levels does fast charging not work.

battery draining:

Is the battery drain problem appearing in use or sleep mode?

To monitor the battery usage, please go to Settings>>Battery>>More>>Battery usage, and stop or reinstall the high battery usage apps.

These are our suggestions to improve the battery drain problem: https://www.asus.com/IN/support/FAQ/1041741

These are our tips to maintain a healthy battery using habit: https://www.asus.com/in/support/FAQ/1009546 

Does the battery drain in use or in sleep mode?

If the problem still appears, please check your inbox for a message I have sent you. 

Thank you 🙂

Ther is noise in the sound and if we used music 1hr are more than that than phone is heading and we need to switch off it

Lower part is heating and I tried with new cable for chargeing perpose

There is no app which use more battery sir

• Y_ASUSY_ASUS mod
    edited June 9

Hi ysdeshmane ,

Do you feel like battery drain after using the phone or in stand by without using it?

If while using the phone, does battery drain while using any specific apps?

Please tell me the app and the battery variation while using it for a certain time (e.g. 1 hr).

If you feel like the battery drains during using specific apps, we would suggest you test how much the app drains after using it for a certain time.

We would suggest you clear the background apps, and check how much battery is consumed from 100% after using the app for a certain time (e.g. 30 mins or 1 hour.)

Please show me a screenshot of the battery usage after testing.

Settings > Battery > Three dots on top right > Battery usage.

If there are battery drain issues in sleep mode,

in order for us to verify, please kindly follow the steps below and show us the screenshots.

1) Charge the phone to 100% before going to bed > remove the charger > Clear all apps in recent app list >  turn off screen > the next morning before using the phone, please screenshot the two pages:

a) Settings > Battery

b) Settings > Battery > ""Advanced battery usage"" (tap the battery icon to access)

In the meantime, were mobile network, WiFi, and Bluetooth turned on or off?

• Y_ASUSY_ASUS mod
    edited July 6

Hi nidhin3 & rk9599531 &jahir1378myn & ysdeshmane,

An updated Android 10 version WW-17.2017.2006.429 has been released.

We have improved sound volume and quality in this version.

You may manually download from our website: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ZenFone%20Max%20Pro(M1)(ZB601KL)/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Thank you and have a nice weekend 🙂