Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX581GV Enable action menu isssue

bilal05
Star II
Hi,
I have Zenbook Pro Duo with screepad plus. it has
88JF1A6E27EL.png
action menu option which is enabled however it does not work. i have contacted Asus and they have asked me to install SCreenXpert app, which did not make any difference. i have attached screenshot. if anybody could help to get that setting back. it use to work before not anymore.

28 REPLIES 28

bilal05
Star II
Na Mate, Not till today

Sandia
Star I
This error started in my Zenbook Pro Duo when I installed Parallels Toolbox, this app used to launch windows (pop up) when it detects any action in which it can be useful: when the laptop is unplugged, when another screen is connected, change resolution, etc.

Then the conflict occurred, the action menu did not appear. And as many of you have, in this forum, I contacted asus support and sent you a video where the error is shown and they also recommended me to reinstall screenpad plus 2. And of course I did the reinstallation and nothing has happened.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=46NelPGWWgE

After a while, I realized that the error continues, but if I persistently take a window to the upper left corner, the action menu appears in the other corner of the screen and I can notice that the action menu has been off-centered.
2020-05-29-10-33-51-microsoft-edge.png
2020-05-29-10-35-06-microsoft-edge.png

Today I was very determined to reinstall windows to solve two problems: the action menu problem, and the windows update error that makes updating windows impossible. But when I see the experiences of other users, I think I will stop doing it because I see that it does not solve the problem of the action menu, and that even worse, the number of problems will increase.

I hope we can together find the solution to this action menu error and if anyone else has the problem of updates, suggestions are welcome. Although I have already tried at least 5 -10 solutions for windows updates.

AD09
Star III
Sandia

This error started in my Zenbook Pro Duo when I installed Parallels Toolbox, this app used to launch windows (pop up) when it detects any action in which it can be useful: when the laptop is unplugged, when another screen is connected, change resolution, etc.

Then the conflict occurred, the action menu did not appear. And as many of you have, in this forum, I contacted asus support and sent you a video where the error is shown and they also recommended me to reinstall screenpad plus 2. And of course I did the reinstallation and nothing has happened.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=46NelPGWWgE

After a while, I realized that the error continues, but if I persistently take a window to the upper left corner, the action menu appears in the other corner of the screen and I can notice that the action menu has been off-centered.

2020-05-29-10-33-51-microsoft-edge.png

2020-05-29-10-35-06-microsoft-edge.png

Today I was very determined to reinstall windows to solve two problems: the action menu problem, and the windows update error that makes updating windows impossible. But when I see the experiences of other users, I think I will stop doing it because I see that it does not solve the problem of the action menu, and that even worse, the number of problems will increase.

I hope we can together find the solution to this action menu error and if anyone else has the problem of updates, suggestions are welcome. Although I have already tried at least 5 -10 solutions for windows updates.

View post
hey sandia, i have been facing the same problem and have posted many times in this forum comments. The action menu doesn't work and makes things less feasible for me but i have to say, you have a great observation, after i read your comment i tried the corner drill on my pro duo and it responds in a quite identical manner. The Action menu appears but on the other corner, but it's just that it doesn't appear on the other corner all the time, most times it doesn't appear at all. i really hope we find a solution to this to make these PC's worth our money.

gelynski
Star I

Did you resolve this issue? Asus is asking me to do Factory Reset.