This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Max Pro M2] I got this fota update today! Should I update or not?? Are there any bugs??

chaudharyprakas
Star III
screenshot-20200602-142628.png

41 REPLIES 41

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
vckanandvpp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86228#Comment_86228

As per XDA developer fourm , we will get OTA updates if we unlock it unofficially. But I didn't try because I am happy with Pixel ROM.

View post
On Asus Zenfone 5 (2014), when the phone was upgraded to Android L from KitKat, I did install a custom rom but later I found that Asus stopped pushing me later versions (mostly security patches as L was the last OS for Zenfone 5 at that time) but when I noticed the same and posted on forum, almost everyone including MODs told me that since my bootloader was unlocked, I won't get future OTAs. After that, I relocked it, but I never received further OTAs. Thats just my experience with Asus.
It might be possible that now after these long years, technologies and systems have gone through extreme upgradation and as you said, it might be possible to get FOTAs after relocking the bootloader but I need to check the same. I am now just waiting to receive the official stable Android 10 since we over waited and after few weeks, I would try to install the pixel custom. And at that time, I would give it a try to relock again to check whether OTAs come or not because Asus would definitely push further security patches for at least next one year, so it can be checked.

vckanandvpp
Rising Star II
Tech_Talk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86236#Comment_86236

On Asus Zenfone 5 (2014), when the phone was upgraded to Android L from KitKat, I did install a custom rom but later I found that Asus stopped pushing me later versions (mostly security patches as L was the last OS for Zenfone 5 at that time) but when I noticed the same and posted on forum, almost everyone including MODs told me that since my bootloader was unlocked, I won't get future OTAs. After that, I relocked it, but I never received further OTAs. Thats just my experience with Asus.

It might be possible that now after these long years, technologies and systems have gone through extreme upgradation and as you said, it might be possible to get FOTAs after relocking the bootloader but I need to check the same. I am now just waiting to receive the official stable Android 10 since we over waited and after few weeks, I would try to install the pixel custom. And at that time, I would give it a try to relock again to check whether OTAs come or not because Asus would definitely push further security patches for at least next one year, so it can be checked.

View post
Even Pixel experience ROM has been given with regular updates and as I told they provide monthly updates with incremental OTA package. So I am not in any case going to move to stock ROM in future too. Many features are unlocked in Pixel ROM which we can't expect in stock ASUS ROM for years.

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
vckanandvpp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86320#Comment_86320

Even Pixel experience ROM has been given with regular updates and as I told they provide monthly updates with incremental OTA package. So I am not in any case going to move to stock ROM in future too. Many features are unlocked in Pixel ROM which we can't expect in stock ASUS ROM for years.

View post
Right. Asus could have become a giant for its mid range phones with Stock Android by providing many other features but they did nothing extra.

vikramdonraj
Star III
असूस ने बहुत भारी काम किया मई सुरक्षा पैच देकर कंपनी पर बहुत भारी काम है जनवरी से एंड्रायड 10 का बीटा देकर लगातार टेस्ट कर रहा है और अभी भी काम अब तो शक हो रहा है कि कौन सा काम रहा है असूस......

1234prabhat
Star III
vikramdonraj

असूस ने बहुत भारी काम किया मई सुरक्षा पैच देकर कंपनी पर बहुत भारी काम है जनवरी से एंड्रायड 10 का बीटा देकर लगातार टेस्ट कर रहा है और अभी भी काम अब तो शक हो रहा है कि कौन सा काम रहा है असूस......

View post
जैसा आपने बोला बहुत भारि काम है 😅