This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a Rog Phone soon

TesseractSpace
Star III
So, I have a Rog Phone (1st gen), supposedly new in box coming in a couple days. Wondering what steps I should take in getting it up to date as it's probably been sitting around awhile. (Wish I could have afforded the Rog phone 2, but I kinda have to take what I can get.)
17 REPLIES 17

CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
Am glad it's working fine. You see when they post a comment? After you confirm it's working. That's how it works here. Welcome to Asus family.

mattiasekman
Star I
@TesseractSpace I recently got a ROG Phone as well, but I can't update the firmware. I am stuck on Oreo (android 8.1.0). The phone doesn't find any updates automatically. Tried to download from support pages manually, but the phone fails fast with message just saying it failed... How did you update your phone and what version are you on now?

TesseractSpace
Star III
What I did was follow what I had seen elsewhere in this forum in a response from ASUS is upgrade in the following order.
WW-15.1630.1907.98>WW-16.0410.1910.91>WW-16.0420.1912.16
At some point it started picking up the OTA updates and now it's on the latest version.

mattiasekman
Star I
Thank you @TesseractSpace ! I was on WW-15.1618.1810.77, but when I first downloaded WW-15.1630.1907.98 manually the phone started to pick up the updates after that. Now I am on Android 9 and have the latest version!
Thank you again!

robdevilXI
Star I
TesseractSpace

So, I have a Rog Phone (1st gen), supposedly new in box coming in a couple days. Wondering what steps I should take in getting it up to date as it's probably been sitting around awhile. (Wish I could have afforded the Rog phone 2, but I kinda have to take what I can get.)

Getting a Rog Phone soon
Why? After so many bad reviews and poor support you still decide to buy this phone? Lol