This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5Z] Touchscreen response is improved but not fixed yet.

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
The device in question is an ASUS ZenFone 5Z 4GB/64GB, unrooted, updated to 100.10.107.87.
In the latest firmware update, which I'm running now, an improvement was brought to the touch panel response. Very welcome indeed. 
But this improvement was not a definitive fix. In fact, it's not like before, but the problem still exists. You can still feel the lack of fluidity in the response from sliding your fingers on the screen.
For better reproduction, do the following multi-touch test on the tool accessed through the calculator:
Put three fingers together, very close together. (Also works with two, four, etc.)
Place them on top of the screen.
Slide them slowly to the bottom.
This problem does not affect the sliding of the fingers while they are separated (or the effect is less noticeable).
Another problem still present is the delay, which can be reproduced in the same tool, as follows:
Start by sliding a finger across the screen.
As you slide it, add a touch.
You will see that the response to the sliding finger will stutter before it returns to accompany the finger.
@Anders_ASUS
@CH_ASUS
38 REPLIES 38

Abhinav
Zen Master I
Yes I noticed this too. I have tested this also.

Abhinav
Zen Master I
BrunoF20

The device in question is an ASUS ZenFone 5Z 4GB/64GB, unrooted, updated to 100.10.107.87.

In the latest firmware update, which I'm running now, an improvement was brought to the touch panel response. Very welcome indeed. 

But this improvement was not a definitive fix. In fact, it's not like before, but the problem still exists. You can still feel the lack of fluidity in the response from sliding your fingers on the screen.

For better playback, do the following multi-touch test on the tool accessed through the calculator:

1. Put three fingers together, very close together. (Also works with two, four, etc.)
  2. Place them on top of the screen.
  3. Slide them slowly to the bottom.
  • This problem does not affect the sliding of the fingers while they are separated (or the effect is less noticeable).

Another problem still present is the delay, which can be reproduced in the same tool, as follows:

1. Start by sliding a finger across the screen.
  2. As you slide it, add a touch.

You will see that the response to the sliding finger will stutter before it returns to accompany the finger.

@Anders_ASUS

@CH_ASUS

[5Z] Touchscreen response is improved but not fixed yet.
Let's see what mods reply on this topic. 🙂

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
After updating to latest .87 please check recorded videos for multi touch issue (not fixed)
Case 1 :-
Put three fingers together, very close together. (Also works with two, four, etc.)
Place them on top of the screen.
Slide them slowly to the bottom.
This problem does not affect the sliding of the fingers while they are separated (or the effect is less noticeable) 👇
Case 2:-
Start by sliding a finger across the screen.
As you slide it, add a touch.👇
This is multi-touch issue 👆
JITTERS IN PUBG:-
jittering in pubg during right left recent update .87 says it is fixed but according to me it is not fully fixed but is minimised a bit jitters do exist even after .87 latest update in pubg (but it is less than before)
I ALSO OBSERVED JITTERS ARE LESS IN DOMINATION MODE IN PUBG THAN CLASSIC MODE
For classic mode movement of eye icon slowly Also looking left and right slowly during running those both conditions still jitters
Tried reinstallation of game after latest .87 update
@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS