py443739
Star III
Hey what's with AI boost feature? How does it work? Help
18 REPLIES 18

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ColorSage

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/50224#Comment_50224

I've tested Antutu Benchmark, some other kinds of GPU bencharks, Asphalt 9 and Mortal Kombat X. Basically every 3d-intensive application. Exact moment of crashing is varying but usually I can see some weird screen stuttering since the beginning of a 3D scene and after 10 seconds or so the app crashes.

View post
Sorry, I forgot about this thread. If a factory reset won't fix the above issue, then you need to send it for repair. Maybe you have already?

dt808
Rising Star I
for me all ai boost does is drain battery faster and warms up the phone lol. i'm not a huge gamer but i play a few games but they aren't graphic or cpu intensive. i've had ai boost on and the only difference i notice is the phone gets warmer and battery drains faster. i don't see any difference in speed or performance. i also noticed that the phone stays warm and battery continues to drain fast even after turning off ai boost and i'm not sure why. but after about a day or two with ai boost off, the phone and battery returns to normal. i recommend leaving it off if you dont really need it.

Mayendra
Rising Star II
i think this phone don't need ai boost at this time since the performance still beast to current heavy games and apps.(unless u play call of duty modern warfare 3 on dolphin emu like me, yea its a lil bit lagging because it is not optimized yet and want to try turn on ai boost)

Crono
Star I
Yet, after all this talking, we still don't have an answer to the question. What is AI Boost supposed to do? I didn't notice a difference on Zenfone 5z and neither on my new Zenfone 6.
There was indeed a difference (at least in benchmarks) on Android 9 on Zenfone 5z, but ever since that one is on Android 10, there are no noticeable differences, from what I've noticed.
Could someone from Asus explain what the "boost" is all about? Does it boost CPU and GPU mhz? If it does, then by how much?
Would like to learn about it more than "It boosts your phone".

Thank you.