This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary camera not working, takes blur images.

sanjeevkr9785
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Asus Zenfone 5Z
Firmware Version:.70
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence:always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):camera
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
==============================

Primary camera on zenfone 5z is not working after last security update of March 2020. It takes blur images. Focus is not working. Already tried in safe mode still not working. Hardware is fine. Reset the camera settings. Tried tapping around camera nothing helps. Asus fix this issue. I can see many are facing same issue .

22 REPLIES 22

ramneek2110
Rising Star I
mtn.madhan

@amitgarde3 Service centre without checking what actual problem with phone they simply told you have to change your camera hardware cost around Rs.4700. I don't know why I never drop my zenfone 5z why this blur problem occur. I face this problem after.70 update. I try factory reset also nothing work.

View post
This brand is like this only bro! it's like a timbomb. You never know when you install an update and the software will damage a hardware. Like seriously? That's a literal joke. I guess worst quality control? I also faced No service issue, not dropped the phone even. Turns out to fix that you have to reattach the antenna cable to get it working.

Use it as it is for now, don't buy Asus next time that's what i would say

sanjeevkr9785
Star II
Sudden hardware fail can happen for few people. But I can see there are many people out here for whom the camera stopped working just after .70 upgrade . This is either coincidence or software issue from Asus. They should check and fix this.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
sanjeevkr9785

Sudden hardware fail can happen for few people. But I can see there are many people out here for whom the camera stopped working just after .70 upgrade . This is either coincidence or software issue from Asus. They should check and fix this.

View post
Today new update is released for 5z please check with latest .87 update for autofocus problem if ur issue gets solved
If not then no better option than to visit service centre

snizams
Star III
There is no mention about camera focus fix in the update change log. Those who already received the update, please confirm whether the camera blur issue is fixed with this latest update.

snizams
Star III
@CH_ASUS I received the update today, It didnt fix the focus issue with Primary camera. No issue with the wide angle camera. Whether Asus team is acknowledging this as an issue and working on it. Many users are facing this issue after the last update. Please help