This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 2 shuts down when charging

ejvtan
Star II
Has anyone had this issue on their ROG 2 when they charge it keeps shutting down. Phone keeps on shutting down when charging. Can't seem to find a fix.
Tested the charger and tried wiping my phone.
21 REPLIES 21

vikrantsharma98
Star III
ejvtan

Has anyone had this issue on their ROG 2 when they charge it keeps shutting down. Phone keeps on shutting down when charging. Can't seem to find a fix.

Any update

Obed
Star I
Same for me, until now my phone keep shutting down when they charge. Worst case, my phone sometimes turn to black screen when i play, but I can still hear apps running and can interact with the screen if know where the buttons are. I have experienced this for the past 2 months and had a chance to do a factory data reset but it's still the same.

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
ejvtan

This happens when the phone heats to a certain temp . Mostly 40°c as it is this same temp most of us are facing the black screen/switch off issue. It can be gaming, phone charging or anything that causes the phone to heat. Happening to many after they've updated to the latest ver of A10.

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
Obed

Same for me, until now my phone keep shutting down when they charge. Worst case, my phone sometimes turn to black screen when i play, but I can still hear apps running and can interact with the screen if know where the buttons are. I have experienced this for the past 2 months and had a chance to do a factory data reset but it's still the same.

View post
Past two months ? Are you sure?!?. Worked fine for me with no heating + excellent battery life right till the latest ver of A10. ( Maybe May update ). As soon as I updated the phone , it started facing the same issue you mentioned.

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II