Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

Hello @Blake_ASUS ,
I didn´t get the PM. Could you please send it?
Thanks.

digital907
Star II
Thank you @Blake_ASUS !
Bios upgrade for ASUS ZenBook DUO PRO - UX581GV to version 308 solves problems with camera flickering and quality.
Have a nice day !

Veerle
Star I
Hello @Blake_ASUS
I have the same problem with my brandnew Asus Vivobook 17, Model F712F
Is there a fix?

alhadro
Star I
alhadro

Experiencing the same grey lines on video problem when plugged into AC power.

Attached is a screen shot of the problem.

My machine is a ASUS ZenBook S13 UX392FN

BIOS is updated (version 303) all other drivers have been updated, windows is updated. Everything checks out fine with the MyAsus Windows store app.

@Blake_ASUS Please Advise, thank you.

grey-line-png.png

View post
Just an update on resolution. @Blake_ASUS provided an updated BIOS that resolved the problem. The new version doesn't seem to be publicly available yet, so I'm assuming ASUS is working their tails off trying to come up with updated BIOS for each model with the problem.
A huge thank you to BLAKE for not only the personal responses but providing a timely solution. Incredible support, and I am glad that I chose ASUS for this machine. Good luck to everyone else experiencing this problem, hopefully you will be able to get a resolution as well soon for your particular model/machine.

@Blake_ASUS
grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using on ac power sometimes on battery also, Asus VivoBook 15, X512FL-EJ501T
Please help and kindly look into this matter. All software are updated. Bios is Updated to version 303.