Star I
System: Windows 10 Home
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX331UN
Frequency of occurrence: All the time
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: Hi, I've just received back my notebook from the Service Centre and was told that the motherboard was changed. I then brought it back to test, and so I went to reset the PC via the OS itself (I verified with one of the staff and he told me it was okay to do so). I proceeded to leave it on to download overnight until I realize the download did not progress as the notebook had went into sleep mode. I then went to change the sleep settings by putting the sleep to "Never" , and screen to "1 minute" to verify if the display off function is working. After a minute, the notebook went into sleep mode instead of only turning the screen off. I have also tried using the hotkeys "Fn + F7" to turn my display off, but it still goes into sleep mode. I eventually called the Service Centre and highlighted the issue, only to be told that it could be a software issue, which requires me to pay should I proceed on with the repair. They advised me to reformat the OS using an USB flash drive instead of directly reformatting my PC using the OS as it could be corrupted. I have yet to try it out as I'm having doubts as to whether this would work. I've tried to look for solutions online ,but to no avail. If anyone has any insights or is familiar with this issue, I would appreciate your help. Thanks!
28 REPLIES 28

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
Hello @hqtanned, please check your inbox. Thanks!

ekarpicz
Star III
@RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS,
Fast startup has nothing to do with the issue.

Here is a solution, I'm not allowed to post links:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/58527/#Comment_58527

hqtanned
Star I
udpsendtofailed

Here is a solution, I'm not allowed to post links:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/58527/#Comment_58527

View post
Hi @udpsendtofailed
I have actually tried doing that before. It is essentially the same as changing the value of "CsEnabled" from 1 to 0 in the registry. However, after testing it out for several attempts, there will be an occasion where my laptop does not wake normally like it should. Instead of trying to wake up from sleep, the display continues to be off for a long time while the LED of the power button is lit. I tried pressing anything on the keyboard and it continues to be unresponsive. I had to force shutdown by long pressing on the power button before being able to turn it on again.

ekarpicz
Star III
@udpsendtofailed,
There should be no practical difference between power usage between DISconnected modern standby and non-modern standby. Switching between dis- and connected sleep is as easy as switching WiFi off or on with Fn+F2.  In older Windows 10 versions there were options in Settings to choose connected or disconnected sleep on battery and mains. They removed it, Interesting why.
I love how well modern standby works on UX331UA, I like computer sleeping but receiving Skype calls or playing internet radio. Sound on incoming email is good to have too.  It's quite silly to suggest disabling modern standby on each occasion. Perhaps just take power meter and test power usage in all modes before giving such suggestion.