This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM upgrade

Impalutao_IS
Star I
Hi Newbie here and I have some queries, Im planning to upgrade my new Asus Laptop's RAM. I've checked the laptop properties and it says "10f 4" slots of RAM is utilized (in the picture). I do have old RAM's, 8gb and 4gb, from my old laptop though, will it be possible to put it in my new laptop to add as RAM? Thank u and will really appreciate your knowledge on this matter.
19 REPLIES 19

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
@Small please check your inbox. Thanks!

Impalutao_IS
Star I
@AnthonyLee_ASUS its Asus X407uf

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
Hi @Impalutao IS , there 2 slots for RAM in your new laptop. And the maximum capacity for each slot is 8GB. So you can put both of your old RAM (8GB and 4GB) to your new laptop. Thanks!

Impalutao_IS
Star I
Yes:) , its a good thing. But I've read some comments that its not advisable to combine 8gb and 4gb rams due to possible slowing down of processor. Can you confirm/advice? Thanks, appreciate your responses so much!

Glo

Hello!

Is M.2 2280 Nvme Internal SSD PCIe compatible to my laptop model Asus vivobook X542U?

Or is there even a slot for it?

Planning to install it soon.

View post
AnthonyLee_ASUS

Hi @Glo for X542U, it only supports M.2 2280 SSD type SATA3 and the maximum capacity we have tested is 512GB.  Thanks!

View post
So I can upgrade my Asus Vivobook x542 with an M.2 2280 SSD capacity 512 GB. How about HDD and DDRAM? Can i put 2TB and 1 slot of 16 GB DDRAM 2133?