This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ASUS System Control Interface V2] V2.2.18.10 UAC Prompts at startup.

darktears31
Star III
System: Asus Zenbook Pro Duo
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
ASUS System Control Interface V2 got updated in my system and again the UAC prompts on startup are appearing again. This was an issue that was fixed in recent releases of ASUS System Control Interface but now is coming back to annoy us.
Version V2.2.18.10 has the issue.
Can we get someone to fix it again?
13 REPLIES 13

darktears31
Star III
By Windows update you mean in settings? Because even uninstalled nothing is coming through Windows Update, it always send me the update through MyAsus (the original update went through this, then I uninstalled it and tried the zip from the download page of Asus website). Also on Windows catalog website I can't find the actual package for ASUS System Control Interface V2(Driver). Do you have a link?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello darktears31,
Yes, Windows Update in the setting, but it is promoted to user patch by patch, so might need to wait.
But you can try to update driver from device manager as well, it's the same as windows update.
For MyASUS update, it works as the same you download it from ASUS website.
You need to use 7-Zip or WinRAR to extract the file, not the built-in extract tool.
Thank you.

darktears31
Star III
I suspected MyAsus was doing exactly the same thing as fetching the zip from the file and running the install.bat.
I'll uninstall again the version of the website and try again Windows Update.

darktears31
Star III
Ultimately it came through Windows Update and I don't see the prompts anymore.