This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook Won't wake up from sleeping/hibernate mode.

garcia_gar_cia
Star II
System: Windows 10 ver. 1909 (OX Build 18363.752)
Battery or AC: Present problems in both conditions.
Model: Zenbook UX430UAR
Frequency of occurrence: Everytime it goes into sleep or hibernation mode.
BIOS: 308
========================
Detailed description:
I have tried so many things. I have gone through all youtube videos I could find talking about fixing this issue. 
This is what I have done so far:
-Update all drivers
-Update BIOS
-Windows Update (checked)
And my last resource was a hard reset. Done, yet useless. 
My laptop simply won't wake up.  I will really appreciate if someone could shed some light on this. 

Warm regards
Jair
22 REPLIES 22

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
ensecoz

I also have this problem UX533FD model.

I did reset windows 10. The problem still exists. I don't know what to do now.

I believed this is something to do with the newer drivers. I don't have this problem before last year.

Last night I tried sleep computer to see what is happening (with plug in), this morning I touch my laptop and it is overheating. My laptop is very hot and I cannot wake it up from sleep. I need to do hard shutdown.

I used to have other asus zen book in the past few years. I also have exact same problem. It sleep but it is overheating. What I did to fix at that time is to reinstall windows and make sure Intel Management Engine Interface is the same driver as I got from asus website and not allow windows to auto update this driver.

Please help!

View post
I think One of the Windows 10 expert user must see the laptop, he must check all windows settings like windows drivers and intel ME firmware, I am sure I if I am living near your house I will try to solve this case if these are software issues.

Jens
Star I
Same problem here with a UX3410U model that I bought two years ago.
The issues started about half a year ago with occasional freezes overnight even though sleeping / hibernation was disabled when powered externally.
But recently the problem seems to get worse. Now the laptop freezes every time even after short periods of energy saving (display off).
I have to keep the power button pressed in order to power-cycle the laptop. That's a PITA and is definitely not what you would expect!
I checked the system event log and it simply states something like "Event ID 4, source: kernel power." "The System has been restarted without shutting it down properly."
I have already updated all the drivers and played with the energy saving settings but no success. Next I am going to install Debian GNU/Linux (which is my prefered OS anyway …) and see what happens. I really suspect it's a Windows 10 driver issue ...

garcia_gar_cia
Star II
Hello @Jens

Thanks for your comments, I also tried that option. I installed Ubuntu a couple of weeks ago and despite I liked it many of my spread sheets presented incompatibilities problems moreover some software are not made for Ubuntu. So, I had to reinstall Windows 10 again. 

In my case, I found out that my laptop was not allocating enough virtual memory ram (VRAM). For @ensecoz ,@ivydene25 , @nomidis and @haytham probably have the same problem. 

I finally got my laptop awake after getting into sleeping mode. So I could say It is working properly now, no freezing, no blue screen, no kernel error 406, nothing. 

I made a very low-quality video and posted on Youtube showing what changes I did in my system. 

www.youtube.com / watch?v=4dfeIroint0 

(zentalk does not let me paste the link)

Please comment here or send me a message over youtube if you have any questions.
Best regards,
A. García

nomidis
Star II
Hi @garcia.gar_cia , I must say I am pretty surprised by the solution you found!!! I m glad that it worked for you!
In my case, I took the rough path of the official service... as I had BSOD very frequently for several days at May.. So I got it to the service and after about a month I got it back... (I had to use that option now, as my warranty was ending in June).
They replaced almost everything trying to solve the problem... Started from SSD and going on with Motherboard and the Thunderbolt controller.
Fortunately now my machine works as expected, it sleeps and wakes normally, no Hangs no BSOD.
😀
I hope others also find the solution to this, one way or the other. And I must say, I still strongly suspect that whole part-number blocks of this series (zenbook) had serious hardware issues.
It is found crashing even in reviewing sites like notebookcheck: (google notebookcheck ASUS UX490UA)

gfinch777
Star I
Same problem here......no solution other than complete shutdown?