Did you mean: 

Connection Issues - No Service and No Wifi

Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: PPR1.180610.009WW
Frequency of Occurrence: This is the second time it happens
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Hi, For the past few weeks, my ASUS ZENFONE 5Z has been disconnecting from my mobile network and it is impossible for me to find it again. I have tried using other sim cards, restarting, checking the SIM CARD status, going on airplane mode and back and nothing has happened. On top of that, I am also unable to connect to my perfectly working wifi networks (I have tested them and my laptop connects to them just fine). The first time it happened, signal came back a few hours later but it is now the second time I am faced with this issue and since I work from my phone it has become a very big hindrance and risk. What can be done to solve this issue?
16 REPLIES 16

ramneek2110
Rising Star I
amddayalan

No warranty just expired.

View post
Then you can try custom ROM but if still doesn't work? No guarantee though.
Last option is to visit service centre

ZT-e71566cd
Star I
Ever since I did the available updated yesterday morning I have lost my service. No Wifi, no internet no phone communication! I've tried everything. It says that it upgraded my phone to OS 9. I see a lot of complaints. What the heck? I just bought my phone in September. It was working fine until I did this update. This is ASUS's fault since my phone was working before I did their update!!!!!! This needs to be resolved now!!!!!!!

ZT-e71566cd
Star I
Also no bluetooth connectivity.....I no longer can connect to my fitbit or my kitchen google. I am so mad!!!!!! What should the software information look like in About phone????????

Jorge_Luiz
Star I
I have the exact same issue, how did you solve It?

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Jorge
Thank you for your asking. For the connection issue, please try the following steps below
1. Try to reset Network: Settings>System>Reset options>Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth
2. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
If the issue remains the same in Safe Mode, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If the issue remains the same after the Factory Reset, kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.
1. Does the issue appear after any system/apps download or upgrade?
2. Your current firmware version
Setting >System>About Phone>Software information
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still remain?
3. Do you lose both SIM service and WiFi connection?
4. Could your SIM card work in other device? Could you tell us the name of the carriers you've tried that have this problem? How many SIM cards have you inserted?
5. Please check if the phone storage is ok. Setting>Storage & memory
6. Did the phone break or fall before?