Battery or AC: both
Model: UX331UN
Frequency of occurrence: every week or two
Reset OS: not helping
Screenshot or video: -
========================
Detailed description:
Hi.
Does anyone know if Asus is planning to release updated NVIDIA (MX150) drivers for UX331UN? I am asking because of a repeating BSOD driver_power_state_failure. It is not only me having this problem. I have been trying to figure it out for the last year (system reset, driver reinstall, use drivers straight from intel/Nvidia etc.) with no results. Of course, I have also called the Asus service but was not able to get any new and helpful information.
Apparently for Vivobook S15 Nvidia drivers updated by Asus solved the same problem. To check (I cannot post links here) google "[DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE][Asus Vivobook S15 S510UN]Constant BSOD Windows 10[version: 1809]" and go to the Microsoft's forum.
Unfortunately, while the most recent intel drivers for UX331UN are from January 2020, Asus has not updated NVIDIA drivers for this model since 2017/2018. The newest version on the Asus website is 23.xxx or 24.xxx, which is still from the times before standard DCH was introduced (sic!). It is shocking and disgraceful that a company like Asus fails to update software for its products.
If anyone has any information about their plans, I would be grateful for sharing it. Thanks!
28 REPLIES 28

mate91
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hello mate91,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will ask related department to see if there is more detailed information.

Thank you.

View post
Hi Blake_ASUS
Any updates? Have they got back to you?

Red0X
Star II
Hi! had the same problem for almost a year. Tried literally everything, i've almost threw my pc against a wall .. so frustrating !

I've tried almost every solution proposed on the internet but nothing was working. I was getting multiple BSOD per day. Asus support was useless.
Only recently I was able to obtain a stable system with :

ux331un with bios 308
windows 10 build 1909
intel driver 26.20.100.7325 from ASUS website
nvidia driver 23.21.13.8857 (388.57) From Nvidia website
nvidia control panel installed ( If I right click on desktop I have both nvidia control panel and intel panel)
Intel Management Engine Interface 11.7.0.1040

Hope this helps!

Red0X
Star II
And please ASUS update latest Nvidia Driver for us! Support download page is more than a year old!

hqtanned
Star I
Hi
I happen to use the same model and had been experiencing BSOD pertaining to different sorts of error, including the one which you've mentioned. As my laptop is still under warranty, I went to the service center and highlighted the issue. They ended up changing the entire motherboard, the SSD and also proceeded to reformat Windows for me. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and so far had not experience any sorts of BSOD. However, the display off function (Fn + F7) does not seems to work the way like it used to (i.e. instead of only turning the display off, the laptop goes into sleep mode instead).

mate91
Star II
Hi All
Just giving an update for others struggling with the problem - I haven't found the solution yet.
I am trying different driver variants but nothing seems to work.
I am not sure if the problem is with software. If it is indeed faulty hardware - motherboard/SSD (I am yet to send the laptop back), that's a crazy thing. So many people experiencing the same problem with Zenbook13 means so many faulty products were sold...
Apart from that, the fact that the last updated driver on the Asus website for the nvidia graphic card for model UX331UN is from April 2018.... is unimaginable. It's a clear and obvious signal what the company thinks about customers.
I would appreciate any reply from ASUS. Especially, as they promised to "look into that" (see posts above).