This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

AlDollaz
Star III
It's such a great phone, but VoLTE/WiFi calling is necessary and made me go elsewhere (OnePlus 8). I wish I had never unlocked the bootloader. Waste of $600. Such a shame.

dt808
Rising Star I
AlDollaz

It's such a great phone, but VoLTE/WiFi calling is necessary and made me go elsewhere (OnePlus 8). I wish I had never unlocked the bootloader. Waste of $600. Such a shame.

View post
nice! i'm looking at oneplus too! or even the pixel. i really need a phone that works.
hope it works out better for you!
asus zenfone 6 for sale! excellent condition but may not work reliably on t-mobile in the US for calls and texts.

newnews
Rising Star II
AlDollaz

View post
If you already unlocked bootloader, you can make volte/vowifi to work easily.

AlDollaz
Star III
newnews

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/84587#Comment_84587

If you already unlocked bootloader, you can make volte/vowifi to work easily.

View post
You can't though.

newnews
Rising Star II
AlDollaz

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/84625#Comment_84625

You can't though.

View post
why? There is post in xda and someone confirmed it works