This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging issue after android 10 update

sharimkhan22
Star I
Currently I'm having issues on rog 2. The charging stops eventually and i have to remove the cable and plug it in again in order to charge
15 REPLIES 15

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
My side port will disconnect and reconnect with the cable still plugged in. Like I plug it in the side set the phone down and it will begin charging then disconnect then reconnect. It's not the cable either because it works perfectly with the bottom port. I was reading that the side usb port is 3.1 generation 2. Is this correct? Because that's what the allegedly what my cable is. Anyone else experienced this? It only does this when I try to use this specific cord on the side usb port. My other cables work fine

mayurkothiya12
Star III
kyleashcraft86

My side port will disconnect and reconnect with the cable still plugged in. Like I plug it in the side set the phone down and it will begin charging then disconnect then reconnect. It's not the cable either because it works perfectly with the bottom port. I was reading that the side usb port is 3.1 generation 2. Is this correct? Because that's what the allegedly what my cable is. Anyone else experienced this? It only does this when I try to use this specific cord on the side usb port. My other cables work fine

View post
Same issu with me bro main c type charge faster then side one

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
mayurkothiya12

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/84781#Comment_84781

Same issu with me bro main c type charge faster then side one

View post
EXACTLY THE SAME for me as well. Other cords will work with the side port without disconnecting and reconnecting but slower. Not a huge difference in amps but it's slower regardless. Im going to buy a official hypercharge box and cable set on Monday and see if this problem takes place

When I connect my charger to the bottom port it doesn't charge. I thought it was the cable with the problem but when I connected it to the side port it started charging. I restarted my phone and sometimes it worked but after a week even the reboot can't solve the problem. I think this is probably a cheap hardware issue.

OPC
Zen Master II
The charging issue came to me couple of days ago. Phone was connecting and disconnecting on both ports and on the Aeroactive cooler. Tried an older Samsung charger and cable and it was working fine, but charging slow. So the phone was fine, which is the most important.
It turned out to be the original Rog 2 cable. It was loosing connection on one side. Pins within the metal jack must have got damaged. If I would plug that side of the cable in the charger, it would loose connection on the charger. The cable otherwise looks as new.
So I bought a new USB-C 3.2 cable rated 5A (100 W). This will make sure the phone gets enough juice even with heaviest load in gaming. Downside is that such a cable is quite expensive.