Star I
System: Windows 10 Home
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX331UN
Frequency of occurrence: All the time
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: Hi, I've just received back my notebook from the Service Centre and was told that the motherboard was changed. I then brought it back to test, and so I went to reset the PC via the OS itself (I verified with one of the staff and he told me it was okay to do so). I proceeded to leave it on to download overnight until I realize the download did not progress as the notebook had went into sleep mode. I then went to change the sleep settings by putting the sleep to "Never" , and screen to "1 minute" to verify if the display off function is working. After a minute, the notebook went into sleep mode instead of only turning the screen off. I have also tried using the hotkeys "Fn + F7" to turn my display off, but it still goes into sleep mode. I eventually called the Service Centre and highlighted the issue, only to be told that it could be a software issue, which requires me to pay should I proceed on with the repair. They advised me to reformat the OS using an USB flash drive instead of directly reformatting my PC using the OS as it could be corrupted. I have yet to try it out as I'm having doubts as to whether this would work. I've tried to look for solutions online ,but to no avail. If anyone has any insights or is familiar with this issue, I would appreciate your help. Thanks!
28 REPLIES 28

hqtanned
Star I
UPDATE : I now realize that even if I were to access the power settings, there's no such option of "Turn off Display". Is there any additional drivers that needs to be installed that I'm not aware of? Thanks.

press Window+L if not then decrease the time of window display On in control panel

ekarpicz
Star III
Hi

hqtanned, I've UX331UA. I remember there was issue with ATK Package (ASUS Kerboard Hotkeys) older than 1.0.0060. With 1.0.0060 closing display lid does nothing. Of course if set to do nothing in power settings. I set display lid close action to sleep on battery and to do nothing on AC.
With older ATK Package, if I recall correctly, and I hope I do, closing the lid was forcing sleep mode disregarding lid close action in power settings. You may try killing corresponding ATK service using task manager to check if it affects display lid close action or not. Start Youtube movie with sound and check if lid close cancels sound and makes power LED blinking. Don't remember which service it was, perhaps just kill them all with ATK-prefix.  Fn+F7 still behaves wrong in ATK 1.0.0060, it oddly forces sleep mode. Fn+F7 should just turn off display, not switch to sleep mode.

Edward

royschreiber
Star II
This is due to Microsoft's "Modern Standby". All types of sleep (including turning off the display) have been replaced with this modern standby, which is probably causing a few of the issues reported here on the forum including the one where the computer doesn't come out of sleep mode.