Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

digital907
Star II
Hi, got a brand new Asus ZenBook pro UX581G - after BIOS update, driver update, windows update, still the same problem with the camera (gray lines + green flickers) - camera flickers happend more often with AC connected. I have also noticed the main screen backlight flickers from time to time - Went in Intel UHD Graphics Control Panel - Power Settings - disabled all options - main screen back-light flickers gone. Flickers were subtle, but very annoying and hard on my eyes. (No, flickers had nothing to do with resolution, backlight setting or screen frequency).
I can take some quirks, but that camera is driving me nuts as I am using it for 2-3 hours daily. Any solution on the horizon @Blake_ASUS ?

linelund95
Star I
Hello,
I have the same problem with my brand new
Asus zenbook pro duo UX581GV
Can I please also get the solution.
I have a digital masters defence in 2 weeks.
Thank you.
Best, Line

maxconcept4
Star I
@Blake_ASUS Hi
same problem here, I update Bios with lastest one but same issue on webcam when on AC
Asus X512FA.304
thank you

antonio_n_l_
Star I
I have the same exact problem, whenever I'm in a call with the AC connected, the camera start flicking.
Did any of you found a solution?
My laptop is ASUS VivoBook S14
Thanks!

alhadro
Star I
Experiencing the same grey lines on video problem when plugged into AC power.
Attached is a screen shot of the problem.
My machine is a ASUS ZenBook S13 UX392FN
BIOS is updated (version 303) all other drivers have been updated, windows is updated. Everything checks out fine with the MyAsus Windows store app.
@Blake_ASUS Please Advise, thank you.
grey-line-png.png