gkarun
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_X01BDA
Firmware Version:PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.1905.065-20190507
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Consistent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android 9
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am using Max Pro M2 phone. I have visited authorized service center for a repair and they need to reinstall Phone software (Android 9). Post the service, all the FOTA updates to my phone fails with error like "update failed and reverted back to earlier version". I have also followed following manual installation steps suggested by Asus support including factory reset.
Download the update from Asus website and place it in phone root folder.
Restart the phone to get the update popup.
When I proceed with update, it fails again with same error.
Error is very generic says, update failed and reverted back to earlier version.
Since the service center is far from my residence, I am looking at doing a fresh installation on my own. Could you please suggest authorized tools to be installed on my laptop to perform this installation on my own? My phone is out of warranty and I am happy to try this on my own risk.
28 REPLIES 28

gkarun
Star II
Thanks everyone for your response. All the response point back to the same steps that I have tried and mentioned in my post. Nevertheless, I have tried again to download the file and copy to the root directory and restart the phone. It doesn't detect the update file. Please Note: I have not unzipped, the file was just copied as is.
I have tried to reboot on recovery mode, even that doesn't work when I press volume up and power key, I get CSC Fastboot mode, but I get no option further on the screen. I just see "CSC Fastboot mode" with ASUS name displayed for a long time. pressing volume up/down has no effect.
Don't they (ASUS) have any tool using which I can install/flash my phone using laptop, instead of depending on the already problematic phone software?
How do service centers flash my phone? don't they use computer with any tool installed on their computer? Do I have access to any such tool to perform fireware reset on my own?

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
gkarun

Thanks everyone for your response. All the response point back to the same steps that I have tried and mentioned in my post. Nevertheless, I have tried again to download the file and copy to the root directory and restart the phone. It doesn't detect the update file. Please Note: I have not unzipped, the file was just copied as is.

I have tried to reboot on recovery mode, even that doesn't work when I press volume up and power key, I get CSC Fastboot mode, but I get no option further on the screen. I just see "CSC Fastboot mode" with ASUS name displayed for a long time. pressing volume up/down has no effect.

Don't they (ASUS) have any tool using which I can install/flash my phone using laptop, instead of depending on the already problematic phone software?

How do service centers flash my phone? don't they use computer with any tool installed on their computer? Do I have access to any such tool to perform fireware reset on my own?

View post
Volup plus power is Csc fastboot. Vol down plus power is recovery menu where you can reset by clearing data and cache. Navigate using volune buttons and activate using power buttons within menu.

gkarun
Star II
Thanks Anandu, I tried the recovery menu for updating using external storage option and I got below error and then the installation was aborted. I guess this is the problem preventing the FOTA updates too. Please suggest.
Error Message:
This package is for "ASUS_X01BD" devices; this is a "".
Error in /sideload/package.zip (Status 7)
When I navigate to system settings and About phone, I see "ASUS_X01BDA". Not sure why is it blank in the error message.

Akasha
Rising Star I
gkarun

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS_X01BDA
  2. Firmware Version:PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.1905.065-20190507
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Consistent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android 9

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I am using Max Pro M2 phone. I have visited authorized service center for a repair and they need to reinstall Phone software (Android 9). Post the service, all the FOTA updates to my phone fails with error like "update failed and reverted back to earlier version". I have also followed following manual installation steps suggested by Asus support including factory reset.

1. Download the update from Asus website and place it in phone root folder.
  2. Restart the phone to get the update popup.
  3. When I proceed with update, it fails again with same error.
  4. Error is very generic says, update failed and reverted back to earlier version.

Since the service center is far from my residence, I am looking at doing a fresh installation on my own. Could you please suggest authorized tools to be installed on my laptop to perform this installation on my own? My phone is out of warranty and I am happy to try this on my own risk.

Installing Phone software using Laptop
Are you certain that the update package is not broken or interrupted in someway while downloading?

Rameez221
Star III
gkarun

View post
Update your version in order wise
065>067>082