This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus G14 gets poor battery life. asuslinknear.exe constantly uses Nvidia GPU

grocerylist
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: Zephyrus G14
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: yes
========================
Detailed description:My Zephyrus G14 has poor battery life because the application 'asuslinknear.exe' loads on every restart/reboot and uses the Nvidia 2060 GPU rather than the integrated gpu. Both Nvidia GPU Activity and Asus Armoury Crate show the Nvidia GPU being used and not going into Power Saving mode. I just updated ASUS System Control Interface V2 (which includes MyAsus and asuslinknear applications) to the latest driver version v2.2.20.0 hoping this would resolve the power issue but unfortunately didn't.
I'm able to kill asuslinknear in Task Manager and get the laptop to get 10 hour battery life but in order to do so, every time I reboot I have to kill the app. I've also added asuslinknear in Nvidia Control Panel to use Integrated graphics as well as in Windows Graphics Settings to use asuslinknear in Power Saving mode (integrated graphics) but asuslinknear still loads on boot every time using the Nvidia GPU.
I've emailed Asus support but all they tell me is to perform a System Restore and Factory Reset, none of which solve the problems and it takes multiple days for them to respond. Hoping I can get better support here.
armoury-crate-gpu-stats.png
asuslinknear-integrated-graphics.jpg
asuslinknear-instances.jpg
nvidia-control-panel-3d-settings.jpg
nvidia-gpu-activity.jpg
windows-graphics-settings-power-saving.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello grocerylist.
Please kindly provide SN in the PM I send you.
And may I know if the asuslinknear is only working at the beginning of booting, then it should not be working anymore since you are not using it, right? or it continue to work itself?
May I have the task manager screenshot of the issue as well?
Thank you.

grocerylist
Star II
Hi Blake,
asuslinknear is always running and always using the Nvidia GPU. The only way it stops is if I kill it in Task Manager after every boot.
task-manager.jpg

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello grocerylist.
Got it! Thank you so much for the information.
I have reported this issue!
and will keep you updated!

anilabhadatta
Star I
I have same problem with my laptop fx505dt.
asuslinknear.exe is utilising nvidia gpu and even if i provide integrated graphics in nvidia control centre , it is still using my gpu.
If i stop the service from services.msc then it doesn't show but i use the app sometime , please tell me a way to run this app in integrated gpu.