Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GD - Crackling noises coming from the speakers

stef40
Star I
System: CPU - Intel Core i7-8750H, 6x 2.20GHz; RAM - 16GB DDR4-2400
Battery or AC: AC; not tested/experienced in Battery mode
Model: ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GD-E2006T
Frequency of occurrence: randomly, but mainly during online streaming, incl. YouTube
Reset OS: Windows 10 Home - factory pre-installed, updated to the latest recommended version, bios, drivers, firmware, software, etc.
Screenshot or video: please check the audio recording attached
========================
Detailed description:
5 REPLIES 5

stef40
Star I

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
Hi @stef40 For this case, please refer to this FAQ for speaker crackling problem: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015070#A1 Please make sure that you follow the steps in order.
Does crackling sound happens when you plug in your earphone/headset? And may I know your volume level when crackling sound happens?
If you have any problems during the process, please let me know (on which step error occurs). Thanks!

stef40
Star I
Hi AnthonyLee_ASUS,
Txs a lot for your reply!
Hi @stef40 For this case, please refer to this FAQ for speaker crackling problem:
Please make sure that you follow the steps in order.
I have already tried to fix the problem following the instructions explained here. However, as I already mentioned, I have my system updated to the latest recommended version, incl. bios, drivers, firmware, software, etc.
Does crackling sound happens when you plug in your earphone/headset?
I have never experienced the same issue when using a headset.
And may I know your volume level when crackling sound happens?
I never use the speakers at too high volume levels (maximum 60%), however, sometimes the crackling sound appears at low volume levels also.
If you have any problems during the process, please let me know (on which step error occurs).
I will try to repeat the steps explained in this FAQ once again.
In most of the cases I observe the crackling sound during online streaming, which persists until I restart my browser. However, sometimes I observe the same effect when using Skype, or other multimedia applications, so the issue does not seem to be application-specific.

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
Hi @stef40 for this case we would recommend you to send device to repair center for hardware troubleshooting. Don't forget to backup your computer before repair.  Please refer to this link to find nearest service location: https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location . Thanks!