This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
petteyg359

I have noticed that if Visual Voicemail is running in the background I often cannot receive calls. IME VVm won't work on just Wi-Fi, and needs a cell signal. If the phone doesn't support either VoLTE or VoWiFi, then when VVm is used, obviously there is no way to receive other calls, because the cell connection is already in use for data. If the phone periodically turns off the Wi-Fi while the screen is off and just uses cell data instead for whatever app might be doing anything internet-y, in all those periods calls would not come in.

Asus, why is VoLTE/Wi-Fi calling still not functional? What exactly is holding this back?

View post
We're trying to figure that out. I have a test form ready to go for this issue, and have sent PMs to multiple users. So far I have had 0 responses.
If you guys are willing to help, tag me and I can throw you a PM with instructions. This thread has lots of activity, but so far no one has volunteered to help me test this issue.

dt808
Rising Star I
petteyg359

I have noticed that if Visual Voicemail is running in the background I often cannot receive calls. IME VVm won't work on just Wi-Fi, and needs a cell signal. If the phone doesn't support either VoLTE or VoWiFi, then when VVm is used, obviously there is no way to receive other calls, because the cell connection is already in use for data. If the phone periodically turns off the Wi-Fi while the screen is off and just uses cell data instead for whatever app might be doing anything internet-y, in all those periods calls would not come in.

Asus, why is VoLTE/Wi-Fi calling still not functional? What exactly is holding this back?

View post
hmmm thats interesting. i'll try to close out apps running in the background and see if that helps. so far i've been connected to 2g/3g and no problems yet. calls i make connect quickly and are really clear on both ends. data speeds are slower than 4g as expected but still not too bad. i'll keep you all updated.
Thanks!

petteyg359
Star III

LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/84087#Comment_84087

We're trying to figure that out. I have a test form ready to go for this issue, and have sent PMs to multiple users. So far I have had 0 responses.

If you guys are willing to help, tag me and I can throw you a PM with instructions. This thread has lots of activity, but so far no one has volunteered to help me test this issue.

View post
I don't have another line to call myself from, so I cannot effectively do whatever you requested in the PM. Why is this dependent on the users? Unless you are asserting that this is not a reproducible problem, Asus makes the phone, and Asus should have the capability to test the phone.

dt808
Rising Star I
petteyg359

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/84124#Comment_84124

I don't have another line to call myself from, so I cannot effectively do whatever you requested in the PM. Why is this dependent on the users? Unless you are asserting that this is not a reproducible problem, Asus makes the phone, and Asus should have the capability to test the phone.

View post
i logged in just to 'Like' your post LOL!

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/84087#Comment_84087

View post
I'll help again if I can, but the logs that I gave before you told me they said didn't show any problem. Having said that, I have not knowingly had any missing texts or calls in several weeks since I turned off wifi calling in the settings. Maybe that is a coincidence. I definitely HAVE had issues with poor coverage (and missing texts) in one specific area which I think is due to not having voLTE. With my old phone (which had voLTE) I have still can get a modest LTE signal in that home. With the Zen6 there is zero signal 100% of the time. Maybe it is just the quality or effectiveness of the antenna and maybe it has nothing to do with voLTE.