This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering buying Zenfone 6z at this time

dzoagooners
Star I
Hello everyone and the administrators. I'm considering buying a Zenfone 6. I want to get advice from everyone before deciding to spend about 500 Euros on this phone. So I have a few questions:
1 / I have read a lot of posts about issues of asus zenfone 6. I would like to ask if Asus will listen to users and then release updates in the future or not? Will this phone get update frequently ?
2 / Does this phone have a lot of bugs? Are there any errors related to the hardware and design of the phone? (I have read the post about the Fast-charging problem that could be due to the charging port). If possible someone please help me list the most common bugs on this phone.
What interests me most is the design of this phone, something I haven't seen on other phones, including the latest flagships this year. So I'd love to own it but the issues I read about updates, errors are causing me to be confused. I hope I can get advice from you and the administrators. Thanks for reading
6 REPLIES 6

dt808
Rising Star I
i agree asus has been very very good at keeping the zenfone 6 updated and imo it is a very good and capable phone, especially for the price. but i've missed important calls and texts and so far no one can figure out why. if you are not too concerned with that then i say it's a great phone. but i just cannot recommend it if calls and texts are important to you.

newnews
Rising Star II
The hardware design is super comparing others. What I like is dual SIM with separate sd card slot, FM radio, audio jack, wired Ethernet support(with adapter) and retractable camera. However I won't recommend buying it at the moment,
1. No 5G support
2. Almost no new feature added after released except bug fixes and security update. Features requested by many users were sent to the developer but I have not seen it happened, even a simple one e.g. adding auto home timezone and UTC time in clock app, adding contact photo in dialer, adb over network etc.
3. No volte/vowifi support for north American carriers. I am on at&t, I don't have missing call/texts as reported by TMobile users, but I do have phone mute problem during call(I have to toggle speaker phone on/off to unmute).