Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Red tint issue on my Rog 2

ag_954gupta
Star III
IA5YE60FWGSK.jpg
E9IGMQ0U9GR1.jpg
I recently received the Rog 2 Indian unit, and while tinkering with the brightness I found something weird, that is if I set the brightness from 0-50% the dark grey Colors (like the ones used in google apps for dark mode, and the dark grey color used in the notification bar of the Rog if the system theme is set to dark)
The dark grey Colors at lower brightness (i.e from 0-50%) seems to be reddish.
Below I have attached two pics, take of the Rog 2.

The app used was inshorts (in its dark mode) the one with dark grey color is the real color of the app seen above 50% brightness and the other reddish tint is seen from 0% brightness.
P.s it's not the wallpaper or any specific app it happens with any wallpaper, any app which uses the dark grey color(like google photos, Goole play store dark etc.)  and it can be seen at lower brightness. The thing was very hard to click on camera but I still clicked it.

It's something similar to the S8 red tint and the pixel blue tint.
Yes, in the Rog telegram group I did find another person who has the same issue and hence it seems like a fault from Asus.
Also I tried reaching Asus but as usual they aren't replying.
216 REPLIES 216

juney
Star I
akhilj66

When we go to camera mode screen display rate changes to 60Hz, try that on 60Hz, you won't notice any difference.

View post
You are absolutely right.

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Yep,@Anders_ASUS please look into this situation,it worked for me too the tint is gone while opening camera

Melqui
Zen Master I
Custom kernel fixes green tinting issues on some Google Pixel 4 XL units.
https://www.xda-developers.com/custom-kernel-fix-green-tinting-issues-google-pixel-4-xl-units/

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
I hope xda developers will find a kernel fix for Rog 2 and other flagship tinted devices as well

Melqui
Zen Master I
anjubunny123

I hope xda developers will find a kernel fix for Rog 2 and other flagship tinted devices as well

View post
I hope Asus fix the kernel.