This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor .153

samvelkoch
Star III
Is there possibility to exclude proximity sensor from the camera management? Camera can not be rotated to selfie mode because of proximity sensor error which occurs since .153 update.
*Cam module could be rotated by volume buttons
35 REPLIES 35

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
samvelkoch

Is there possibility to exclude proximity sensor from the camera management? Camera can not be rotated to selfie mode because of proximity sensor error which occurs since .153 update.

*Cam module could be rotated by volume buttons

Proximity sensor .153
Unfortunately not. Do you have a screen protector on or a case that wraps around the frame?
Please check to see if any of those are just the tiniest bit obstructing the proximity sensor and/or dust got below the screen protector at the edges.

samvelkoch
Star III
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/29220/proximity-sensor-153

Unfortunately not. Do you have a screen protector on or a case that wraps around the frame?

Please check to see if any of those are just the tiniest bit obstructing the proximity sensor and/or dust got below the screen protector at the edges.

View post
No, I have not. It is clear as a tear.
Then maybe there is a possibility to switch camera mode in messengers somehow ? Volume keys do not operate in WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram, etc t as camera mode switchers. And as an idea could you add "rotate camera" as action option for the SmartKey in future releases?

samvelkoch
Star III
Yep. I've found a software trick to use camera in selfie mode for messengers if camera blocked by proximity sensor.
Settings - Camera - Flip Camera Settings - Flip Camera Toolbar (ON) "Show toolbar in the navigation bar or navigation gesture hint when 3rd party apps access camera or flashlight"

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
I think I misunderstood your wish and/or dilemma?

The Flip camera toolbar enables control of the flip camera angle, even in 3rd party camera apps. Ie. between 0-180.
It is not specifically around any "flip blocking function".

For WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram , etc etc, you flip the camera by pressing the "switch to front camera" icon that all these apps have. Then the camera should flip by itself 180 degrees (from back to front).

Volume buttons to control the actual angle of the flip camera is a function of our camera app, it is not a system level feature (in other apps volume keys should control volume or whatever they eventually replaced it with).

But seems like you already did found a solution by using our Flip camera toolbar!