This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
24o81994

Hello @Anders_ASUS I've been told you're the mod to talk to about this,

So my device first started having issues where it would random reboot and freeze and shutdown completely, soon after frequent 2-3 reboots and freezes everyday it died on 29th April 2020. It had similar issues in the month of Feb 2020 where they replaced my motherboard, I have the RMA number for that and this makes it the 2nd malfunctioning of the device.

Now the problem is I've been without a working device for more than 20 days, due to lockdown no service centers aren't open here in the city, delivery services are running fine, have exchanged emails with ASUS Customer service for the past 20 days with all the details, video of the device being dead, build number, etc, ASUS has been denying any kind of service and is telling me everytime to wait which I definitely can't, I'm freaking frustrated!!

So lets read this again, I am without a working device for more than 20 days now , service centers aren't open in the city, lockdown won't be over anytime soon, my studies and work is on halt. I'm sending this message & emails through someone else's phone, i have been in contact with ASUS through this person's number and yes ofcourse they give me the same reason every freaking time, denying any kind of service. It seriously sucks to be in this situation!

I'm stuck and feeling helpless!!! Help me out!!!

View post
It's unfortunate that you are once again experiencing issues with your device. I hope you can understand that the current situation affects everybody. If you live in India and your warranty expires during the lockdown, then it will be extended with 30 days from the date that your government declares that the lockdown has been lifted. So don't worry, you will get your device repaired but at the moment, there's nothing we can do.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
jhoi_belista

@Anders_ASUS can you also provide me the tool so we can check? I had the same problem with my ROG 2 phone.

View post
How many times has this happened to you? A lot of users in this thread has mentioned "I have the same problem" but shortly after they admit in a private message that it only happened once or twice and that it has not happened since.

jhoi_belista
Star II
@Anders_ASUS This happens to me more than 5x already.
It started last week, at first it just freeze and restart on its own while playing games or opening any gaming app, I rarely used it for heavy gaming stuff, it was being used most of the time for YouTube only or for browsing the net. When it happens 2x a day we decided to reset the phone and update the OS hoping it would fixed the issue, however, the next day it freeze again and totally shutdown, We can't even do soft reset, no led indicator when plugging in the charger. it's a total blackout.It's been 3 days since the total shutdown happens, early this morning I decided to check the phone and plugged in the charger, by some MIRACLE it did open now! We dont know what happen or what was the issue. it was inaccessible for a couple of days. Hopefully it wont happen again, but we are still thinking to have it check in service center.

jhoi_belista
Star II
jhoi_belista

@Anders_ASUS This happens to me more than 5x already.

It started last week, at first it just freeze and restart on its own while playing games or opening any gaming app, I rarely used it for heavy gaming stuff, it was being used most of the time for YouTube only or for browsing the net. When it happens 2x a day we decided to reset the phone and update the OS hoping it would fixed the issue, however, the next day it freeze again and totally shutdown, We can't even do soft reset, no led indicator when plugging in the charger. it's a total blackout.It's been 3 days since the total shutdown happens, early this morning I decided to check the phone and plugged in the charger, by some MIRACLE it did open now! We dont know what happen or what was the issue. it was inaccessible for a couple of days. Hopefully it wont happen again, but we are still thinking to have it check in service center.

View post
@Anders_ASUS just an update, it shutdown again. 😞

san_aras1001
Star I
My phone is freezing and auto restart while playing games This is like again and again. Its so bad please fix it for me.

@Anders_ASUS