This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whenever I reboot my Zenbook Pro Duo, it comes back on with the numpad activated.

eric273
Star I
System: Windows 10 Pro
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX581GV i9
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Come on..
Screenshot or video: Seriously?
========================
Detailed description:I have the newest version of the touchpad firmware (installed by service center), and the newest drivers installed. When I reboot my PC, or exit/reenter sleep, the numpad turns itself on.. Not really a big deal, just kind of weird/annoying.
7 REPLIES 7

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello eric273,
Yes, the num lock of numpad is synced with external keyboard!
Thank you.

urielkael
Star III
Hi Blake,
Just want to report that I've discovered a better way to go around this issue.
Since this issue is present only when external keyboard is connected and assuming that an external mouse is also attached and therefore no need to use the touchpad at all:
Just disable the touchpad using the F6 hotkey on the laptop and it will instantly turn off and stays that way even after rebooting and sleep/wake cycles. Numpad no longer lights up anymore even when turning num lock on and off via external keyboard.
The proper way for the programmer to fix this is probably just to convey and sync the "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" setting in Windows to the ASUS System Control Interface (I'm assuming this is what actually controls the hotkeys) because right now even when Windows disables the touchpad via that setting, the System Control Interface is still seeing the touchpad as enabled.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello urielkael,
Thank you for your suggestion!
I will report it.