This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asustek File manger crash

John_eman
Star I
Hi, I've been using Asus file manager for a long time now (about 3 years now). I was wondering what happen to the file manager after the Android 10 update. It keeps crashing every time i open my hidden cabinet. Is there a fix to this?
4 REPLIES 4

ZT-5b761cfd
Star I
I also use Asus File Manager on my other smartphones since it's the best File Manager so far, but recently after upgrading my phones to android 10, Asus File Manager app crashes everytime I am to access WhatsApp video folder. Please fix this.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi John_eman and leosusanto@gmail.com
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.
1. Model Name: Settings>System>About phone
Refer to the link below to check the model name by model no. in the link
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1014441/
Is File Manager your stock app in your phone?
2. What is your current firmware version?
Setting >System>About Phone>Software information
3. What is your current File Manager version?
Settings>Apps & notifications>See all>App info>File Manager>Advanced>version no. at the bottom
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still remain?

zaheer_angan
Star I
Hey,
I posted an answer on Reddit. It doesn't fix the bug, but it lets you recover your files from the hidden cabinet. There's a way to modify it so that opening the hidden cabinet doesn't crash it any more, but it's a bit annoying till Asus fixes it.
To Asus:
As you'll see if you read below, the main issue seems to be any folder that has a video file with thumbnail preview on Android 10 devices. I hope this is enough to help you find the source of the bug.
Unfortunately, with the new file system coming to Android 11 I don't know if this will persist or if new bugs will appear, but you can prep for it by testing on the preview builds.
www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/g10ml9/asus_file_manager_crashes_on_every_folder_with/g29jlqp?...

fs3w3333
Star I
This is working for me