This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Brightness is very faulty

jaibalaji2020
Star III
The adaptive brightness is super faulty. Screen always gets darkened even in a brightly lit room. Phone expects the light to reflect on it all the time to stay in optimum brightness, otherwise it gets dark pretty quick. I'm not using any screen protector either. This is actually very annoying and a major blocker when watching any video content or even any simple task on the phone. Please fix it pretty quick. This is a very basic thing. Thanks!
31 REPLIES 31

Kolorowezworki
Rising Star II
I have a problem with auto brightness too. Sometimes it goes to 0% without any reason. Then I have to expand notification bar and manualy adjust brightness

GFX
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS Hi! Did you get any new updates on this issue?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
GFX

@Anders_ASUS Hi! Did you get any new updates on this issue?

View post
No, I never got in touch with our expert. He didn't have time when I had time and vice versa but the bottom line is that sometimes (since the light sensors sensitivity is so directed towards your face) it happens that there's much less light on your face and surroundings than on your device. So whenever you notice that the brightness is going down all of a sudden, think about this and you will understand why it happened. Just pull up the brightness and it will temporarily ignore whatever lux it's currently registering so you can carry on

GFX
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/82988#Comment_82988

No, I never got in touch with our expert. He didn't have time when I had time and vice versa but the bottom line is that sometimes (since the light sensors sensitivity is so directed towards your face) it happens that there's much less light on your face and surroundings than on your device. So whenever you notice that the brightness is going down all of a sudden, think about this and you will understand why it happened. Just pull up the brightness and it will temporarily ignore whatever lux it's currently registering so you can carry on

View post
Thank you for responding and supporting us with this issue.
I'm already using workarounds, but I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for a fix, it seems like something that can be fixed (or at least made better) in SW by increasing the sensor resolution.
If you could please forward the videos I've attached in an earlier post to the SW team maybe that could help them identify the underlying issue or maybe come up with some ideas on how to improve it.
Once again thank you Anders for your patience and efforts to support the community.

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
it has stopped working entirely post recent update.. adaptive brightness is just a useless toggle now.