Chintan_Devgani
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 5z
Firmware Version: latest. 70
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:most of the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): auto rotate
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Auto rotate is not working properly most of the times in my 5z. I have to restart phone several times to make it work. I don't know if it's hardware or software issue. This issue was in previous builds also. I think the rotation sensor is turning off randomly after i restart the mobile. I had to download CPU-Z to awake the rotation sensors. I have also tried in SAFE MODE and the problem still exists.
19 REPLIES 19

sidarya31
Rising Star II
Victor0_ASUS

Hi, we'd request you follow the below steps:

1. Clear system cache.

2. Try the same under safe mode:

Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode

3. If still you face the issue factory reset your phone after taking a full backup.

View post
This issue is really there in 5z,everyone facing same, me also.

archilsoni412
Star III
Yes i am also facing same problem. Tried in a safe mode too but still the problem persist.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Hm I don't have any issues with auto rotate

R_2
Rising Star II
I also had the experience with this unbearable issue. Sometimes this device doesn't seem a flagship phone. Too many problems... We are waiting for a decent update

ogawa_wen
Star I
victor2020

Hi, we'd request you follow the below steps:

1. Clear system cache.

2. Try the same under safe mode:

Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode

3. If still you face the issue factory reset your phone after taking a full backup.

View post
This not helping at all. If I restart the phone and then It will working for a short period of time.
And after a couple of hours it is back again. The rotate is not working.
I assume this is because of the newest firmware, and yeah...It is totally annoying. smh...
I will go for other brands for sure after this.