Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

eciobosi
Star I
Hey guys,
I'm having the same problem as mentioned above with a Vivobook X512fj-ej228t. I don't have the problem with the camera app (plugged or not to the AC). But I do have the problem when it's plugged to the AC with google meet and cambly (and probably other software). Once I unplug the AC the video returns to normal.
Hope you guys can find a solution ASAP.

Zergius2
Star I
ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo i9
New laptop, Zoom, and other apps using webcam - grey lines and green flickering. Everything updated, please provide solution

martincook
Star I
I'm also getting this issue Zenbook Pro Duo i9.... £3000 laptop that cant use a webcam.

Clibus
Star I
I have the same problem on my ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV @Blake_ASUS. I hope to receive a PM from you so I can send you the information you need.

rasputin666
Star I
Similar issue with the Zephyrus GX701GX - appalling webcam flicker that renders it unusable but only when connected to AC power supply. I've just updated the BIOS to the latest available (GX701-AS.309) but to no avail.