This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Finger print unlock. Issue unresponsive black screen

kking8
Star III
Having repeated issues since the final update to A10 didn't exist in previous betas.
The screen will go completely black failing to unlock the phone. Or it will be stuck on a black screen with an unresponsive fingerprint icon.
Sometimes. Swiping up will get me to the home screen. But you can tell something screwy is going on.
You see a split second dim the screen go black. I split second of the lock screen background with the fingerprint icon. you see the pin entry keypad pop up for a split second. Then the screen goes black. Then shows the home screen.
or the phone will be completely unresponsive and only come down power button long enough for the power down prompt to query.
Seems to be an issue with the fingerprint system interfacing with the security. As using Google's "Hey Google" is receiving interference from the fingerprint screen not able to complete its tasks.
Like I said this issue did not exist in any of the previous betas. Nor am I excited to factory reset the phone. As the final release candidate didn't even make an attempt to restore anything from any backup. (Google or local)
5 REPLIES 5

kking8
Star III
Sure thing. Ill give it a go my friend. Ill let you know. PS. my volume buttons are acting weird as well. they get EXTREMELY hard to push. like they are stuck up. then when you rock them back and forth a bit. they loosen up again for a while, then when it sits it goes back to stuck up. Have you heard of anyone else having that issue?